PC Specs Are Officially Meaningless - Corsair One a200

Plouffe

We got the new Corsair One a200 with an AMD Ryzen 9 5900x and an NVIDIA RTX 3080, but can this small form factor case handle the heat from these powerful components?

Check out the CORSAIR ONE a200 PC at https://lmg.gg/gOvN1

Buy MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/IVVPpR

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/6ZSPtej

Buy ASUS TUF Gaming 3080 OC GPU

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/sv2h

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/TCgU

Buy Phanteks Eclipse P500a Case

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/un4LDd

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/EABpGSE

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

10 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

case handle the heat from these powerful components?

First glance of the case tells me it can't

After the vid: Yeah i was right.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

I say get sixteen of the largest Delta fans in existance. Then put 8 for intake, and 8 for exhaust and go full REEEEEEEEE cooling.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

55 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

but can this small form factor case handle the heat from these powerful components?

My 400mm worth of cooling hates me sometimes with a 3800x+5700XT, so no, obviously. (mostly confirmed via last years COVID folding event)

Also yes all cooling is Corsair 😂 iCUE is crap. My water is sitting at the answer to the life the universe, everything while my GPU (cryptomining, not gaming not needing it r/n) is sitting at 69 C 🤣 (NZXTCAM, so I don't have to keep going into iCrap is displaying the wrong temp, it's sitting in the 80's, tho my CPU frequently hits 69)

image.png.874c37042fb01b41e4446e63c7388346.png

Maybe for you, form means more than function

I mean, that's literally the whole point of this product.

26 minutes ago, BachChain said:

I loved the case when it came out for the Intel platform some years ago, and wanted something close to it.

Enter, the Phanteks Evolv Shift.

A stunningly beautiful case.

A G**D*** nightmare to keep cool.

I did, after much trial and error, keep the Ryzen and 1060 cool using air, but wow was that a trick.

After I dumped it, I discovered they made ver 2.0 called the Evolv Shift Air, with air mesh side panels.

Airflow was naff in that case, and I suspect is in the CorsairOne as well.

But damn does it look good

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The video: Corsair one bad cooling big no

Me: That GPU sag omg 😳 

My 5950X hits 102°C at 4,6Ghz allcore in R23, I feel like something's wrong with my liquid metal application...

3090 maxes out at about 55°C @ 2GHz so the loop should be allright.

Congratulations for exposing the scam and hype machine that Corsair really is. Yeah, you can have water cooling, you can have five radiator extreme water cooling like what I have... and then you can have PATHETIC water cooling like what the Corsair One is.

There's a limit to what an AIO can handle and clearly this system isn't designed to handle that high-end of a CPU. If Corsair's engineers think it's fine for a CPU to IDLE at 50C these "experts" shouldn't be building PC's but instead selling limp hot dogs and soggy cheeseburgers by the beach.

As much as manufacturers try to push their own prebuilt "creations" it still hammers home the point that DIY can be done BETTER, CHEAPER and still stay fully upgradeable. Can you change ANYTHING in the Corsair One without breaking it?

This is the company that will sell you a $50 120mm fan loaded with RGB unicorn barf out the wazoo, yet cannot match the air flow, static pressure and bearing performance offered by a $20 fan from a competitor brand.

This is the same company that advertised a yellow Graphite 780T full tower case some years ago, sent review samples out to various media, created a product page with SKU number and pricing, only to drop the ball and never ship a single item, blaming a "paint match" as their lame excuse.

These guys are amateurs pretending to be professionals. Corsair wants you to think you are buying a premium product - but at the end of the day you are actually overpaying for underperforming hardware. Oh, and their software sucks balls too.

When I built my current system in 2015 I made it a point not to use ANY PIECE of Corsair branded gear in my build and have kept it that way. Unfortunately I had to break that rule two years ago when I needed a new keyboard - I'm at around $375 so far for a K95 with a set of white and black two tone PBT key caps for the look I need, some after-market silicone dampers to get the feel I need and their LCD screen add-on. That's CRAZY MONEY for just a keyboard. Fortunately it continues to work well.

I usually defend the "clickbait" titles

but what was the point of this?

A bigger case = better thermals ? yeah no shit.

Hi!

I don´t know, if I´m color blind or something... but it seems to me that some of LTT videos have oversaturated pinkish color to it. (Like this one) It is really distracting watching Linus with pink lipstick and dark circles under the eyes. 😄

It is really noticeable in conclusion part between the end of the video and where sponsor segment is... Which seems much more color-balanced.

Can someone look into this? .. Or its just my eyes?

Thanks!

linus.png

I remember now why I unsubbed from the main channel.

So the point of this video is to prove better cooling = better cooling?

elephants

Well,It's something every experienced PC enthusiast knows...

Pre-builts usually skimp on the things that the average Joe won't look for:

Cooling/case,RAM,SSD,Motherboard,PSU - In pre-builts all of these components are complete garbage,

Hence the poor performance compared to a proper PC..

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

you have me questioning my own cooling over here, 5950x auto oc with a nzxt z63, idle is currently giving me a 58o temp 🙄

This actually had something very interesting in it. DLSS 2 doubled the fps and input lag got a bit worse? Is the hyped ai scaler nothing more than a low-latency soap opera effect maker?

16 hours ago, Luscious said:

Corsair

YMMV almost certainly, but I like their keyboards.

12 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

So the point of this video is to prove better cooling = better cooling?

And what's worse is they didn't even use the same sized AIO so it's not an apples to apples compare.

Which invalidates the entirety of the video.

Yes, it's possible, likely even, that the CorsairOne has poor airflow that no amount of water cooling could fix, but in order to prove this with a different case, your specs have to be identical. You can't build a system and say "It's identical except for this that and the other" and expect to be taken seriously.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

30 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, it's possible, likely even, that the CorsairOne has poor airflow that no amount of water cooling could fix, but in order to prove this with a different case, your specs have to be identical. You can't build a system and say "It's identical except for this that and the other" and expect to be taken seriously.

I think the point of this video is that CorsairOne has bad airflow and cooling design and it is handicapping the CPU inside. Basically it's the desktop version of Intel i9 macbooks. Linus suggested that Corsair improve their design and cooling if they want to keep putting powerful and hot CPUs inside. 

4 hours ago, crazzp said:

I think the point of this video is that CorsairOne has bad airflow and cooling design and it is handicapping the CPU inside. Basically it's the desktop version of Intel i9 macbooks. Linus suggested that Corsair improve their design and cooling if they want to keep putting powerful and hot CPUs inside. 

True, but he didn't make his case. Joe Average Wanna-be-gamer sees 600 FPS in CS:GO and thinks "I gotta have me some of that action!" and then only later maybe...maybe he comes here and asks why his framerates are uneven.

In short, Linus didn't sell me that airflow is an issue by making a completely different PC. He needed to make an *identical* system (especially where the AIO was concerned, which was the most crucial point of the video IMO) and show the CO case/airflow is an issue.