1440 @ 144hz or 4k @ 60hz?

Paradise19

I just bought a 3080 ti and need a new monitor. What would you guys recommend? 1440 @ 144hz or 4k @ 60hz? Which monitor would you recommend? Also, would you recommend an ultra wide monitor or regular? Would appreciate any help. Budget is 400-700$. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Paradise19 said:

I just bought a 3080 ti and need a new monitor. What would you guys recommend? 1440 @ 144hz or 4k @ 60hz? Which monitor would you recommend? Also, would you recommend an ultra wide monitor or regular? Would appreciate any help. Budget is 400-700$. Thanks!

1440p 144hz for competitive gaming 4k 60 hz for singleplayer games. just to be clear 60hz in comp games is ok but 144hz is just better

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

4k60 I would recommend. 3080ti is a bit overkill for 1080 and 1440.

Any specific model you recommend?

2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

1440p 144hz for competitive gaming 4k 60 hz for singleplayer games. just to be clear 60hz in comp games is ok but 144hz is just better

Any particular model you can recommend?

40 minutes ago, Paradise19 said:

Really depends, as mentioned by others above.

What do you want to do? Are you playing stuff like CS:GO and VALORANT? Or stuff like Shadow Of the Tomb Raider?

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

1 minute ago, Cool_Evlo said:

Really depends, as mentioned by others above.

What do you want to do? Are you playing stuff like CS:GO and VALORANT? Or stuff like Shadow Of the Tomb Raider?

I'll mostly be playing MSFS 2020 single player. Some Cyberpunk and Shadow of the Tomb Raider as well. Any recommendations?

1 minute ago, Paradise19 said:

I'll mostly be playing MSFS 2020 single player. Some Cyberpunk and Shadow of the Tomb Raider as well. Any recommendations?

Then go with a 4K 60Hz, it will look super pretty.

I cant recommend anything because I know basically nothing about monitors. 

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

I'd personally always go for refresh rate first before high resolution. At least up to the point of 144Hz, then you can think about higher resolution. A really good option for a 1440p monitor would be the LG 27GP850-B. And 4K high refresh rate is out of your budget, so i'd avoid it instead of buying a cheap model that has bad performance or going with a 60Hz model alltogether.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1440p@144hz no brainer

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |