Will 1500$ (USD) be enough for a good mid-high range gaming PC when/if these shortages and insane GPU prices drop?

I'm definitely not thinking about building a PC anytime soon, both because I don't have enough money yet and because of the shortages, but I'm wondering how much I should save up for when the time comes that I do buy parts and put together my first build. I already have peripherals that I'm not planning on changing unless they break, so I don't need to worry about that. I've not done really any research on what I want because there's no telling if that "3000"$ card is gonna drop to 1000$ or drop to 300$, and I'm not really looking for recommendations just yet, I'm just asking what my budget should be.

Thank you!

For a prebuilt sure. Self built ehh good luck I'd say.

However at least in the us more cards are available AND prices are dropping.

Basically your budget gets you a really nice system with pre corona and scalping pricing but nowadays gets you a mid range pc at best.

So yeah wait as long as you can and then make a decision then what your budget is. Ask here again and then see what you can get recommended here.

54 minutes ago, bungusboy81 said:

I'm definitely not thinking about building a PC anytime soon, both because I don't have enough money yet and because of the shortages, but I'm wondering how much I should save up for when the time comes that I do buy parts and put together my first build. I already have peripherals that I'm not planning on changing unless they break, so I don't need to worry about that. I've not done really any research on what I want because there's no telling if that "3000"$ card is gonna drop to 1000$ or drop to 300$, and I'm not really looking for recommendations just yet, I'm just asking what my budget should be.

Thank you!

if prices at msrp 1500 is good but you dont know if prices will go down. so save as much as posible.

56 minutes ago, jaslion said:

For a prebuilt sure. Self built ehh good luck I'd say.

However at least in the us more cards are available AND prices are dropping.

Basically your budget gets you a really nice system with pre corona and scalping pricing but nowadays gets you a mid range pc at best.

So yeah wait as long as you can and then make a decision then what your budget is. Ask here again and then see what you can get recommended here.

I'll probably try to save up like 2000 or so then