Anyone ever use a ASUS Tinker Edge?

KhakiHat

The little board is on sale on Newegg but "looks" liked a buffed version of a Raspberry Pi just with the Raspberry Pi appearing to have better specs on paper.

Anyone ever use one? If so, am I missing a use case scenario or is this just an expensive Raspberry Pi?(Very new to this subject)

On board storage
Built in cooler
Probably a better gpu

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, KhakiHat said:

The little board is on sale on Newegg but "looks" liked a buffed version of a Raspberry Pi just with the Raspberry Pi appearing to have better specs on paper.

The storage is built-in on the Asus Tinker Edge while, on a Raspberry Pi you would have to use an SD card for storage (of course, you can plug in external USB drives on both boards). Looks like it comes with a heatsink/fan included, you can buy cheap 3rd party fans/enclosures for the Raspberry Pi or 3D print ones. Seems to cost $80 on Newegg at the moment, the Raspberry Pi 4 sells at $35 which is slightly less than half the cost. Essentially, it is just a fancy Raspberry Pi and I wouldn't recommend spending a premium for it. 

image.thumb.png.6ee0cd42a91938c67c3c7985fb1a8dd9.png

image.thumb.png.f277e3254c595cb9ea058acf6a35bfb8.png

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch