[Realtek 8822CE] Modded Wireless Drivers with Enabled Advanced Features

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9
Just to be clear for everyone use it at your own risk

Let me say it again... use it at your own risk

The drivers that I will be providing it to you today are only made for Realtek 8822CE Wi-Fi module chip that is present to almost all OEM/Vendor laptops [Mostly on AMD based laptops]. Unfortunately stock drivers locks down any advanced features available to the user and doesn't allow you to have full control to your Wi-Fi chip capabilities.

Now it supports all Realtek 8822CE models.. rather from Acer, Asus, Lenovo, MSI, HP and others... as long as they are 8822CE model.. it is completely fine.

Today I present you my so called "Unlocked" or "Unhidden" drivers by editing .inf files to be able to makes those options visible to the user.

Alright here we start... I have the confidence to share my modded driver for Realtek 8822CE which enables advanced options and might provide extra networking performance as well.

Let me show you the options that the stock drivers provides...
1333718224_RTKsetting.gif.e04267e8e0de63ccf15c68bef8977b36.gif

And now my modded drivers which provides unlocked or unhidden options

Video_21-06-28_17-26-57.gif.85bd616cbf533c6caff9236dbbabb323.gif
The changes that is made are renaming the Wi-Fi display name (to distinguish between official drivers and modded ones) and added/edited lines on .inf file drivers to unlock Realtek Advanced features*.

Installation:-

- Uninstall your current Realtek driver with checkbox selected

- Then simply open Setup.bat file 

- Done! 🙂

The procedure under this spoiler is outdated since the new modded drivers are currently signed ! Thanks to AAF Optimus for his help and support! Please donate to him whenever you can... he deserves it! 🙂

Spoiler
Installation:-

Since modifying drivers will cause the drivers to be unsigned and hence you need to disable Driver Signature enforcement on Windows. How to do that? Follow this link... https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-windows

• After you disable Driver Signature enforcement.. Download the file.. extract it's content and then go to "Device Manager" and navigate to "Network Adapters".
  • By then on Device Manager you should find your Wi-Fi driver named something like "Realtek 8822CE...." double click on it and choose "Drivers" Tab and click on "Update Driver".
  • A new windows will pop out … choose "Browse my computer for drivers" and then choose "Let me pick from a list...." by then click on "Have Disk..." and click "Browse" and navigate to the extracted content that you downloaded.
  • Click on "netrtwlane.inf" and then press "Ok" after that press "Next".
  • During the process of installing the driver it will pop up a warning... choose "Install this driver software anyway".
  • Reboot your computer after all above step is done. And you are Done 🙂

You can enable back Driver Signature enforcement without any issues by following the same link that I provided above.

*I can't guarantee every single feature will work but I can say that it did provide increased network performance and slightly lower latency according to my testings.

Download link [MediaFire]:-
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mval5mukfuwg8/RTK_Killer_Wi-Fi_5_8822CE_Xtreme_Drivers

Bump... I have updated download link to a folder for proper management of future updates whenever new Realtek Wi-Fi drivers gets released 🙂

I have updated the drivers with additional features unlocked/unhidden with new version that was around + I also added more support to different Wi-Fi chips. Those are the hardware ID's that is supported on the new driver.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B822&SUBSYS_29501A3B

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B822&SUBSYS_29521A3B

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B822&SUBSYS_080811AD

Video_21-07-01_21-58-34.gif.6d5ec29d45b1fbb1016ac6c297fb6785.gif

• 1 month later...

Bump...

New driver release have been updated including full feature releases on the same download link.... enjoy 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Bump...

New driver release have been updated including full feature releases on the same download link.... enjoy 🙂

[video-to-gif output image]

• 2 months later...

Bump...

New driver release have been updated including full feature releases on the same download link.... enjoy 🙂

Bump...

Animation.gif.d260c45062d27f6d76a81d73e4e5fa8f.gif

New driver release have been updated including full feature releases on the same download link.... enjoy 🙂

• 2 months later...

Bump...

Animation.gif.015a5008824f82b45ea19eb14ea17516.gif

New driver release have been updated including full feature releases on the same download link + It is Signed! All thanks to AAF Optimus

enjoy 🙂

• 4 months later...

Bump...

image.gif.ea8fae801fb0779ec00878ec8f82d018.gif

New driver release have been updated including full feature releases on the same download link + It is Signed! All thanks to AAF Optimus

Now it supports all Realtek 8822CE models.. rather from Acer, Asus, Lenovo, MSI, HP and others... as long as they are 8822CE model.. it is completely fine.

enjoy 🙂

• 1 month later...

Bump...

Now it supports all Realtek 8822CE models.. rather from Acer, Asus, Lenovo, MSI, HP and others... as long as they are 8822CE model.. it is completely fine.

image.gif.d0cb785c928603bd595fc7ee318f07fe.gif

Enjoy 🙂

Bump...

Please redownload the latest Realtek driver version as I fixed some advanced features that wasn't functioning properly and decreased overhead for wifi scanning & performance which should improve ping stability and lower latency thanks to the patches and fixes from Lenovo's driver. Thank you. 🙂

It's been tested...

image.thumb.png.68906a46b0f802b7fc69ecdde3a74b68.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

New update is available! and I have tested it on my 3 laptops with the same wifi model 8822CE. Tested it for ping stability and driver stability for over a week now. All is good! :) 

I have merged all kind of fixes and patches from all OEM's and Vendors + Disabled all kind of power saving mechanism to guarantee maximum performance and applied optimal settings that is being used by default. 

Enjoy :)

image.thumb.png.23cbfeede436dff2dee34e2db343ba8a.png

• 1 month later...

New update is available! 

As usual I have tested it on my 3 laptops with the same wifi model 8822CE. Tested it for ping stability and driver stability. All is good! 🙂

I have made additional changes tuning the power management parameters to provide and insure more connection stability.

image.thumb.png.4a4ba05ad7b3c9618f25ba4125dd45fd.png

Enjoy 🙂

• 1 month later...

New update is available!

As usual I have tested it on my 3 laptops with the same wifi model 8822CE. Tested it for ping stability and driver stability. All is good!

image.thumb.png.d76806b164d250ac7e8121c907c7e6e8.png

• 2 months later...
New update is available!

Nothing new changed except updating the driver to Realtek new driver update release but as usual I have tested it on my 3 laptops with the same wifi model 8822CE and the end results are the same as previous drivers.
image.png.25f84ced2531358059c71309f7825444.png

I hope you are aware that if the wifi connection that you are using is on the client side (meaning, you aren't hosting your own wifi with this device or software) then changing the beacon interval does absolutely nothing, as that is handed down from the access point.

The settings for the precentage of transmitter power (I just always use the lowest option) and the extra options for channel width is nice.

There is a Linux realtek driver that can enable concurrent mode, which can allow two wireless radios going at once.

I really tried to make an access point with one of them being a client, and without concurrent mode, but it just never would work on Linux.  Windows 10 has no issues getting software AP mode working on the same chip.

: JRE #1914 Siddarth Kara

How bad is e-waste?  Listen to that Joe Rogan episode.

"Now you get what you want, but do you want more?
- Bob Marley, Rastaman Vibration album 1976

Windows 11 will just force business to "recycle" "obscolete" hardware.  Microsoft definitely isn't bothered by this at all, and seems to want hardware produced just a few years ago to be considered obsolete.  They have also not shown any interest nor has any other company in a similar financial position, to help increase tech recycling whatsoever.  Windows 12 might be cloud-based and be a monthly or yearly fee.

Software suggestions

Just get f.lux [Link removed due to forum rules] so your screen isn't bright white at night, a golden orange in place of stark 6500K bluish white.

released in 2008 and still being improved.

Dark Reader addon for webpages.  Pick any color you want for both background and text (background and foreground page elements).  Enable the preview mode on desktop for Firefox and Chrome addon, by clicking the dark reader addon settings, Choose dev tools amd click preview mode.

NoScript or EFF's privacy badger addons can block many scripts and websites that would load and track you, possibly halving page load time!

F-droid is a place to install open-source software for android, Antennapod, RethinkDNS, Fennec which is Firefox with about:config, lots of performance and other changes available, mozilla KB has a huge database of what most of the settings do.  Most software in the repository only requires Android 5 and 6!

I recommend firewall apps (blocks apps) and dns filters (redirect all dns requests on android, to your choice of dns, even if overridden).  RethinkDNS is my pick and I set it to use pi-hole, installed inside Ubuntu/Debian, which is inside Virtualbox, until I go to a website, nothing at all connects to any other server.  I also use NextDNS.io to do the same when away from home wi-fi or even cellular!  I can even tether from cellular to any device sharing via wi-fi, and block anything with dns set to NextDNS, regardless if the device allows changing dns.  This style of network filtration is being overridden by software updates on some devices, forcing a backup dns provuder, such as google dns, when built in dns requests are not connecting.  Without a complete firewall setup, dns redirection itself is no longer always effective.