How to build a cased mining machine?

I see most coin miner either open rig or pretty noise, how can I build a quiet but profitable mining rig for extra income? I do have few graphic cards Eg RX580, and I am looking for a build suggestion.

I created one parts list on pcpartpicker, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dotku/saved/#view=tpNwgs.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Jay Lin

a case is not ideal because you can only fit 2 cards in there (sometimes 3) and with those cards you will have more heat you need to get rid of so that is why a case for a mining rig is not a good idea.

If fans are loud you can put the mining rig in another room and just ignore it as white noise in the background. You could custom build something out of plywood (if it wasn't like a million dollars for a single 4x8 sheet) but then you could just surround it with a box and throw a bunch of fans on it to exhaust the heat but then you now have more fans which makes more noise and you're back to square 1.

Just do what everyone else does and have an open air mining rig because it easy and a 10 GPU case only costs like $50

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 11:02 AM, airborne spoon said:

a case is not ideal because you can only fit 2 cards in there (sometimes 3) and with those cards you will have more heat you need to get rid of so that is why a case for a mining rig is not a good idea.

If fans are loud you can put the mining rig in another room and just ignore it as white noise in the background. You could custom build something out of plywood (if it wasn't like a million dollars for a single 4x8 sheet) but then you could just surround it with a box and throw a bunch of fans on it to exhaust the heat but then you now have more fans which makes more noise and you're back to square 1.

Just do what everyone else does and have an open air mining rig because it easy and a 10 GPU case only costs like $50

I got a case about $60 which could hold 3 GPU, I think that's fine for me right now. I found there is DopaMINE which looks cool, but I don't see anywhere is selling it. I would like to build it for my next rig if it is open for selling. I'm looking for a home mining solution, and... we don't have several available rooms either 😞

Btw, I build one barebone cost $350 for the case rig, check this out if someone is interested: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dotku/builds/#view=ZwBZxr

This is what i use for my mining rig it seems to be unavailable right now but it only cost me $35 when i got it ages ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0764MTTS3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking at that DopaMINE case it seems pretty stupid and a waste of money when there are much cheaper options, i mean $250 for that thing vs $35 for mine. Also that case mentions being stackable but then there is hot air going off on the lower one into the upper one and progressively getting hotter the higher you stack which is an obvious design failure. Hot air should be exhausted away from other cards for obvious reasons.