Linux Sucks 2021, Agree or Disagree?

I just watched this and I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with him or in part. I'm not into Software Development, leading Projects, or anything like that. I'm just a mere User. Sorry about the Long Video. But if He had a link to the Transcript I would post that instead.

I use Manjaro Linus at the Moment, and I perfer to use Community Distros over Commercial ones. Been there with Mandriva. 

I don't like it, it lacks the user friendliness that Windows has.

I'm not sure with the way you've portrayed this post it'll last long.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

I don't like it, it lacks the user friendliness that Windows has.

I'm not sure with the way you've portrayed this post it'll last long.

I wouldn't call Windows User Friendly.

well even IF linux sucks nobody is forced to used it (it least average user is not) so what's the matter anyway its not like a M1 mac that you no option but to stick with what there is

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

19 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I wouldn't call Windows User Friendly.

And you're entitled to your opinion. It's just not one I share. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Well, that was a bunch of nothing (Had to watch it in x2.5). Most of the things that were talked about were management issues (people getting kicked out of things for being assholes, oh no), only one thing really addressed something about Linux itself (the complexity of the kernel) and maybe Google developing a replacement, nothing really about Linux as an operating system for users, or even just people running servers (I myself run one)

🙂

29 minutes ago, dizmo said:

And you're entitled to your opinion. It's just not one I share. 

We are free to disagree.

10 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Well, that was a bunch of nothing (Had to watch it in x2.5). Most of the things that were talked about were management issues (people getting kicked out of things for being assholes, oh no), only one thing really addressed something about Linux itself (the complexity of the kernel) and maybe Google developing a replacement, nothing really about Linux as an operating system for users, or even just people running servers (I myself run one)

I like his earlier Linux Sucks Videos. They were mostly spot on on the Issues trying to use Linux as a Desktop. And how those Issues were being worked on or now fixed.

I was unaware of ESR getting kicked out of the OSF.

Love Linux & Love Windows 

There like Two Children Can't Choice a Favorite but it werid because I never made them

LMAO

giphy.gif

On 6/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, duncannah said:

I stopped watching Lunduke because I cannot stand his whining about "cancel culture" anymore. Don't be an a****le, and no one will "cancel" you, it's that simple. But, apparently, these days, generally being nice and respectful is too much to ask for people like Lunduke.

10 minutes ago, Alexeygridnev1993 said:

I stopped watching Lunduke because I cannot stand his whining about "cancel culture" anymore. Don't be an a****le, and no one will "cancel" you, it's that simple. But, apparently, these days, generally being nice and respectful is too much to ask for people like Lunduke.

Cancel Culture effects everyone, including Scientists. Come up with the Raw Data to provide leads to Research, and that Research challenges Leftest Beliefs, well you will get "Canceled"... 

A YouTube video that starts with a big long cry about YouTube... that's not really a great start and it didn't get much better from there.

* He's mad that most LUGs and conferences were cancelled, in the middle of global pandemic. 

* He thinks the kernel has "too many lines of code"

* Doesn't like IBM or that they bought RedHat

* Somehow believes the hype around Google's vapourware Fuchsia OS.

I don't generally like to be so negative, but it's basically the kind of out of touch nonsense you'd expect from "angry man" YouTube clickbait. 

In the real world, Linux has never been so strong. Cloud computing is well on its way to making Windows Servers irrelevant and while the desktop user base is still tiny, it's as good as it ever was. Hardware support in the Linux kernel is at a level we used to dream of, and file systems like ZFS are adding some extremely advanced features that make backup and restore a breeze. Even the linux podcast world is growing.

Stuff like Home Assistant, the raspberry pi ecosystem, and iSH on iPad OS/iOS are even bringing linux to new audiences. 

I think that this guy is just a typical outrage merchant. Why else would he remake the same clickbait video?

That was the most boring "Linux Sucks" talk IMO, his older ones were funnier.

There's still nothing better than linux to this day (sadly(. I hope that someday a BSD system will catch up.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:48 PM, whm1974 said:

I just watched this and I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with him or in part. I'm not into Software Development, leading Projects, or anything like that. I'm just a mere User. Sorry about the Long Video. But if He had a link to the Transcript I would post that instead.

I use Manjaro Linus at the Moment, and I perfer to use Community Distros over Commercial ones. Been there with Mandriva. 

He usually does a talk like that every year, it's usually just a tldr of some stuff that he has seen around linux in that year, and usually ends up with: "it's going to die someday, but not today, and there's still nothing better than it today".

4 hours ago, maplepants said:

I think that this guy is just a typical outrage merchant. Why else would he remake the same clickbait video?

He is a running gag and mostly seen as a joke. Those videos are mostly humorous (or used to be) and shouldn't be taken that seriously.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

1 hour ago, igormp said:

That was the most boring "Linux Sucks" talk IMO, his older ones were funnier.

There's still nothing better than linux to this day (sadly(. I hope that someday a BSD system will catch up.

He usually does a talk like that every year, it's usually just a tldr of some stuff that he has seen around linux in that year, and usually ends up with: "it's going to die someday, but not today, and there's still nothing better than it today".

He is a running gag and mostly seen as a joke. Those videos are mostly humorous (or used to be) and shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Will to be fair to Lunduke, his concern(and mine) is Linux on the Desktop. Which is alive and well, but growing ever so slowly...

15 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Will to be fair to Lunduke, his concern(and mine) is Linux on the Desktop. Which is alive and well, but growing ever so slowly...

His previous videos used to focus more on the desktop side, the one you posted steered away from it. Most of the complaints are about management and external stuff.

As a long time linux user, the desktop scenario has surely been improving, but then the usual users (mostly devs) can get around most of the quirks without problems.

The only other option would be to use MacOS (which most devs actually prefer), but it depends on your company budget/standards.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga