Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where to get a cheap graphics card ?

Wait.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

 

 

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

 

Pc

Spoiler

Dell prebuilt - i5-6400- 20GB ram -500gb HDD dvd 

 

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

 

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD roms 

 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

 

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What level of performance are you looking for?

 

If you just want to play some basic games like League and Minecraft, you can get by with an old card from eBay for $30-50. I recently bought a Quadro K620 for my sister to play Sims 4 with for $50 and she's quite happy with it - it's good for 1080p High settings in that particular game.

 

If you are hoping to get a recent card, then your best bet is to hold out a couple more months - prices are finally starting to go down. Hopefully they reach MSRP by the end of the year. I'm not sure why you think someone here would have the magic answer for that, but if they did, they'd probably be buying those cards for themselves, not telling others how to get them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

What level of performance are you looking for?

 

If you just want to play some basic games like League and Minecraft, you can get by with an old card from eBay for $30-50. I recently bought a Quadro K620 for my sister to play Sims 4 with for $50 and she's quite happy with it - it's good for 1080p High settings in that particular game.

 

If you are hoping to get a recent card, then your best bet is to hold out a couple more months - prices are finally starting to go down. Hopefully they reach MSRP by the end of the year. I'm not sure why you think someone here would have the magic answer for that, but if they did, they'd probably be buying those cards for themselves, not telling others how to get them.

Hey wait I remember recommending the Quadro k620 in a thread recently. Did you happen to be the recipient of that recommendation? If so, glad to hear it!

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Hey wait I remember recommending the Quadro k620 in a thread recently. Did you happen to be the recipient of that recommendation? If so, glad to hear it!

It wasn't me. I actually posted about it here, though.

 

I was quite impressed by that card, all things considered. It got triple the performance of the Quadro 600 that was in the system prior - Heaven Benchmark score went from 170 to 530, FPS from 7 to 22. It seemed like a good choice compared to the GTX 650, considering that it doesn't need supplemental power, always comes with 2GB of VRAM, and tends to be cheaper on eBay. I can see why you're recommending it in these trying times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoungBlade said:

It wasn't me. I actually posted about it here, though.

 

I was quite impressed by that card, all things considered. It got triple the performance of the Quadro 600 that was in the system prior - Heaven Benchmark score went from 170 to 530, FPS from 7 to 22. It seemed like a good choice compared to the GTX 650, considering that it doesn't need supplemental power, always comes with 2GB of VRAM, and tends to be cheaper on eBay. I can see why you're recommending it in these trying times.

Yep, I use a system with a Quadro k2200 and k620. I paid $135 for the k2200 and $45 for the k620 about a month later. I regret not looking into the 620 before I bought the 2200, since the performance difference is like 10%. 

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Yep, I use a system with a Quadro k2200 and k620. I paid $135 for the k2200 and $45 for the k620 about a month later. I regret not looking into the 620 before I bought the 2200, since the performance difference is like 10%. 

At least you did better than the people paying $150+ for the GT 1030. The K2200 has 4GB of GDDR5 and is faster as far as I can tell. I've also been trying to nudge people towards old Quadros because that GT/GTX branding comes at a premium in a market like this, but under the hood, they're basically the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

At least you did better than the people paying $150+ for the GT 1030. The K2200 has 4GB of GDDR5 and is faster as far as I can tell. I've also been trying to nudge people towards old Quadros because that GT/GTX branding comes at a premium in a market like this, but under the hood, they're basically the same.

Yep the k2200 is basically a GT 760 with more vram as far as i can tell

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really depends on what you seek and where you are.

You might be able to get your hands on a gtx 960 or 970 for an affordable (remember, still overpriced compared to non-crisis prices, but affordable) price.

Im upgrading from my gtx 960 4gb right now, but i will say, that it has held up pretty good, if you can live with medium textures and not-so-impressive fps.

I have been gaming RDR2 on this card with around 30 fps, so it can be a stop gap solution, unless you really need better textures, fps or 1440p/4k gaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a time machine you could use to go back in time a year or so. however use of my time machine is not cheap probably wont be worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2021 at 1:10 AM, YoungBlade said:

What level of performance are you looking for?

 

If you just want to play some basic games like League and Minecraft, you can get by with an old card from eBay for $30-50. I recently bought a Quadro K620 for my sister to play Sims 4 with for $50 and she's quite happy with it - it's good for 1080p High settings in that particular game.

 

If you are hoping to get a recent card, then your best bet is to hold out a couple more months - prices are finally starting to go down. Hopefully they reach MSRP by the end of the year. I'm not sure why you think someone here would have the magic answer for that, but if they did, they'd probably be buying those cards for themselves, not telling others how to get them.

Well um 

 

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 kind of performance 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For reference, the recommended GPU for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is a 5700XT/2070 Super/1080 ti. 

 

So yeah, wait. The game doesn't even come out for ten months. 

 

 

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

 

System specs:

Ryzen 5 5600X w/Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo | ASRock B550 PG Velocita | Radeon RX 6800 Reference

16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600mhz CL16 | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 3TB Toshiba P300

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact | Seasonic Focus GX 750W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×