Asus aura service currently unavailable

JimmerHD05
Go to solution Solved by DeepCool zer0,
On 6/25/2021 at 3:34 PM, JimmerHD05 said:

I Tried armoury crate again today, I get an error code which may be similar to yours where it says something like 'access denied to motherboard' but in my case I cannot control any of the rgbs. It stays in the same profile I last saved with aura. Do you think reinstalling windows would be a good idea in case uninstalling aura left any files? Thanks for your help. 

I don't think reinstalling Windows should be necessary. I would recommend that you reach out to Asus' support team. They would have far more knowledge about their software and what can cause that error. My Error code is on the the motherboard where it gives me the dreaded "FF" while I have Armoury Crate installed.

Hello,  

I have been experiencing some problems with aura sync recently where I open it and it shows 'aura service is currently unavailable. Please close and check if aura is installed properly...' I've tried some solutions which all did not work such as uninstalling and reinstalling aura, disabling windows fast startup, removing other rgb control apps, deleting the lastprofile.xml file, trying older versions as well as cleaning the registry with ccleaner. I also tried out armoury crate but I uninstalled it because it was very slow and installed a bunch of stuff I did not need. I'm going to replace my ram with crucial ballistix rgb some time this week so some help on getting this sorted would be much appreciated. Here are my system specs if it helps:

mobo: Asus ROG strix b450f gaming

cpu: amd ryzen 7 2700x 

ram: adata xpg gammix d10 16gb (2x8gb 3000mhz)

gpu: gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb oc edition

other rgb devices: 5x deepcool rf120m rgb fans+ wraith prism rgb cooler 

Thanks for any help

image.png

20 hours ago, JimmerHD05 said:

Hello,  

I have been experiencing some problems with aura sync recently where I open it and it shows 'aura service is currently unavailable. Please close and check if aura is installed properly...' I've tried some solutions which all did not work such as uninstalling and reinstalling aura, disabling windows fast startup, removing other rgb control apps, deleting the lastprofile.xml file, trying older versions as well as cleaning the registry with ccleaner. I also tried out armoury crate but I uninstalled it because it was very slow and installed a bunch of stuff I did not need. I'm going to replace my ram with crucial ballistix rgb some time this week so some help on getting this sorted would be much appreciated. Here are my system specs if it helps:

mobo: Asus ROG strix b450f gaming

cpu: amd ryzen 7 2700x 

ram: adata xpg gammix d10 16gb (2x8gb 3000mhz)

gpu: gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb oc edition

other rgb devices: 5x deepcool rf120m rgb fans+ wraith prism rgb cooler 

Thanks for any help

Hello,

Im not 100% sure about this, but I believe Armoury Crate is the only way to get it working as of late. I had to change to Armoury Crate for my Maximus XI not too long ago, and had to install it for my dark hero motherboards (even if they throw the error codes on the motherboard when installed). Love to know if you find a solution where just Aura will function without Armoury Crate.

I Tried armoury crate again today, I get an error code which may be similar to yours where it says something like 'access denied to motherboard' but in my case I cannot control any of the rgbs. It stays in the same profile I last saved with aura. Do you think reinstalling windows would be a good idea in case uninstalling aura left any files? Thanks for your help. 

On 6/25/2021 at 3:34 PM, JimmerHD05 said:

I don't think reinstalling Windows should be necessary. I would recommend that you reach out to Asus' support team. They would have far more knowledge about their software and what can cause that error. My Error code is on the the motherboard where it gives me the dreaded "FF" while I have Armoury Crate installed.

Okay, I'll contact Asus then. I will re-install windows though because I cloned the OS to my SSD from an HDD. Will update you on how it goes!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for taking long to reply, but it seems that reinstalling windows fixed the problem. I've Got no clue as to what caused it in the first place but at least it works now. Thanks for helping me out!