Don't Buy From Cyberpower

Bought a PC from Cyberpower, unfortunately I was dumb and bought directly from them online. Had to pay hundreds in shipping and import fees only to get a system with a faulty PSU. Replaced it out of pocket instead of having to pay the return shipping for an RMA only to discover my GPU is also faulty. Two months I've basically been without a working computer when I bought this so that I could work on my photography/videography and I'm afraid if I try to RMA that they'll just replace the GPU with another faulty one since I keep seeing posts about everyone receiving bad parts. Not sure if this is the place to vent but god damn, I've wasted way more money than this computer was worth to begin with and they just expect me to pay more ... 

Fuck my life.

So you ordered from them.
You never contacted them about the problems to at least give them the possibility of helping you, because you just assumed things.
And now you're saying to not buy from them because you got a DOA computer.
Ok.
Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, colinblack said:

I'm afraid if I try to RMA

you dont lose any meat by asking tho?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

So you ordered from them.
You never contacted them about the problems to at least give them a way to help you because you just assumed things.
And now you're saying to not buy from them because you got a DOA computer.
Ok.
Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

I emailed and called them over and over for weeks. Was either left on hold for hours or completely ignored in my emails. Eventually when I got through to someone, I was told that I was past the window for a return or refund and that they would repair it. But from everything I've read online, they'll probably just send me back another GPU that's DOA. Figured it would be obvious I made an effort to get back the $1600 I spent on a computer that doesn't work but okay .. 

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

you dont lose any meat by asking tho?

Sorry I guess I wasn't specific enough. I did ask about an RMA, they told me I have to pay the return shipping which will be close to $400 probably since I'm in Canada and at that point I feel like I might as well just try buying a new GPU for the system and hoping that's the only faulty part aside from the PSU I also had to replace.

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

Just... contact them? It's not that hard. They'll pay for shipping and everything if it doesn't work upon first boot. 

No, they won't. And it did work originally, it took a few days to shit out. They then asked me to pay return shipping which is hundreds of dollars I don't have.

1 minute ago, colinblack said:

since I'm in Canada

do they support canada or just the US? if you imported the system yourself to a country they don't support, i can understand the shipping costs

unfortuantely when you order from across international lines?  That's a risk you run.

You knew shipping costs when you ordered, so you rolled the dice.  And in this case you lost out hardcore.  That sucks.

Just now, colinblack said:

No, they won't. And it did work originally, it took a few days to shit out. They then asked me to pay return shipping which is hundreds of dollars I don't have.

Oh damn. That's bad. 

There's got to be a way to take it to a legal level, because they should be required to replace a dead product they send to someone for free because that's the company's fault. Most companies will fix it for you but I guess CyberPower's just not gonna do that?

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

do they support canada or just the US? if you imported the system yourself to a country they don't support, i can understand the shipping costs

yeah i get the shipping and import fees, ordering anything that's expensive from the states always ends up being expensive as hell for shipping as well

just feels wrong that they're also expecting me to pay for return shipping to have the system serviced when they literally sent me a faulty system to begin with

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Oh damn. That's bad. 

There's got to be a way to take it to a legal level, because they should be required to replace a dead product they send to someone for free because that's the company's fault. Most companies will fix it for you but I guess CyberPower's just not gonna do that?

yeah from what I've been reading online apparently this is pretty common practice for them. They've also apparently been sending out a ton of dead GPU's only to ask for people to RMA them and the same people end up getting dead GPU's again ... this is definitely all my fault, I should've done more research before spending so much money but that's why I'm just taking the opportunity to let other people know my experience

2 minutes ago, colinblack said:

just feels wrong that they're also expecting me to pay for return shipping to have the system serviced when they literally sent me a faulty system to begin with

-wears tinfoil hat-

if anything, they might've just shipped u a defective pc on purpose because they're betting on you not bothering with the return fees if they're not legally required to pay for it

-removes tinfoil hat-

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

-wears tinfoil hat-

if anything, they might've just shipped u a defective pc on purpose because they're betting on you not bothering with the return fees if they're not legally required to pay for it

-removes tinfoil hat-

honestly from all the posts I've been reading about them the past couple of days I'm starting to think the same thing .... 

6 minutes ago, colinblack said:

yeah from what I've been reading online apparently this is pretty common practice for them. They've also apparently been sending out a ton of dead GPU's only to ask for people to RMA them and the same people end up getting dead GPU's again ... this is definitely all my fault, I should've done more research before spending so much money but that's why I'm just taking the opportunity to let other people know my experience

Seems like a horrible business model...

12 minutes ago, colinblack said:

Wow, thats awful business if they're selling people dead GPU's, either Cyberpower isn't doing any quality control or they just don't care. I think they should send out a replacement PSU or GPU as long as you can prove the one you got was defective.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

Wow, thats awful business if they're selling people dead GPU's, either Cyberpower isn't doing any quality control or they just don't care. I think they should send out a replacement PSU or GPU as long as you can prove the one you got was defective.

Most of those large prebuilt conglomerates have effectively no QC

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

6 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Seems like a horrible business model...

yeah i guess it's dumbasses like me keeping them in business to begin with lmao :////////////

4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah that is honestly the least they could do .. They literally waited a month to get back to me about my problems initially and at that point I was already past the window for a refund. 

The company is a joke.

1 hour ago, Mel0nMan said:

There's got to be a way to take it to a legal level, because they should be required to replace a dead product they send to someone for free because that's the company's fault.

Many companies make you pay for shipping a defective item to them. When my Cyber Power UPS died they required me to pay to send it. Acer is also the same, I had to pay to ship to them. Ifs kinda industry standard I thought. I think the only company Ive never had to pay shipping to was Western Digital when I RMAed a hard drive way back in the day. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Many companies make you pay for shipping a defective item to them. When my Cyber Power UPS died they required me to pay to send it. Acer is also the same, I had to pay to ship to them. Ifs kinda industry standard I thought. I think the only company Ive never had to pay shipping to was Western Digital when I RMAed a hard drive way back in the day. 

To be fair I'm completely green when it comes to computers but that sounds absurd. You're expected to pay return shipping on a product that was shipped to you defective? For a 40 pound computer that is literally hundreds to ship and considering I'm out of the country there will be another $100+ because of duties. That's just insane.

Just now, colinblack said:

To be fair I'm completely green when it comes to computers but that sounds absurd. You're expected to pay return shipping on a product that was shipped to you defective? For a 40 pound computer that is literally hundreds to ship and considering I'm out of the country there will be another $100+ because of duties. That's just insane.

They are responsible for parts and service. They are not responsible for shipping. But the thing is a lot of the bigger guys like Dell would have authorized service centers or mobile repair techs who could fix the issue. My sister had a mobile repair tech come out a replace the motherboard on her Dell laptop under warranty. 

As far as duties go, you should have bought from a store in YOUR country. Thats kinda your fault for not paying attention on where you bought from. I dont buy goods from outside the US because Im not going to deal with US Customs and Boarder Protection and their bull shit.

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

They are responsible for parts and service. They are not responsible for shipping. But the thing is a lot of the bigger guys like Dell would have authorized service centers or mobile repair techs who could fix the issue. My sister had a mobile repair tech come out a replace the motherboard on her Dell laptop under warranty. 

As far as duties go, you should have bought from a store in YOUR country. Thats kinda your fault for not paying attention on where you bought from. I dont buy goods from outside the US because Im not going to deal with US Customs and Boarder Protection and their bull shit.

My point is that when they're literally sending out dead components, the shipping should be on them because I'm literally just paying to send trash back to them when they'll probably just replace it with more trash anyways.

I know buying from an out of country company was a bad choice now, the only reason I bought directly from them in the first place was because I expected to actually have some kind of customer support but considering it takes them a month to get back to me about my system literally being dead that was definitely a bad decision on my part.

3 minutes ago, colinblack said:

My point is that when they're literally sending out dead components, the shipping should be on them because I'm literally just paying to send trash back to them when they'll probably just replace it with more trash anyways.

Like I said in previous post. 2 out of the 3 RMA's I have ever done required me to pay to send the stuff in. Its called industry standard. 

Warranty Coverage - Company warrants to the original purchaser that the Product(s) shall be free of any defect in material or workmanship for a period of three years for labor and one year for parts from the date of the original invoice from Company. Except in the case of Notebooks, which carry a one year labor and one year parts from the date of the original invoice from Company. Company shall have the sole discretion in determining whether Product is covered under the warranty for labor and/or warranty for parts. Should the Product(s) supplied by Company prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or material as reasonably determined by Company, Company agrees, at its option, to either repair or replace the Product free of charge, excluding any shipping or handling charges. Company shall not be responsible for any software or data installed on the Product originally supplied by Company. This warranty does not cover software, external devices, accessories or other parts added to a Company system after the system is shipped from Company, or accessories or parts that are not installed in the Company factory. Monitors, keyboards, and mice that are included on Company's standard price list are covered under this warranty; all other monitors, keyboards, and mice are not covered. Any part that is repaired or replaced under this warranty will, itself, be warranted only for the remainder of the warranty period of the original product being repaired or replaced.

https://support.cyberpowerpc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015111033

As stated in their warranty documents, that you agreed to when you purchased the product. This document is not hidden either it was like 3 clicks away from the home page. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Like I said in previous post. 2 out of the 3 RMA's I have ever done required me to pay to send the stuff in. Its called industry standard. 

Warranty Coverage - Company warrants to the original purchaser that the Product(s) shall be free of any defect in material or workmanship for a period of three years for labor and one year for parts from the date of the original invoice from Company. Except in the case of Notebooks, which carry a one year labor and one year parts from the date of the original invoice from Company. Company shall have the sole discretion in determining whether Product is covered under the warranty for labor and/or warranty for parts. Should the Product(s) supplied by Company prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or material as reasonably determined by Company, Company agrees, at its option, to either repair or replace the Product free of charge, excluding any shipping or handling charges. Company shall not be responsible for any software or data installed on the Product originally supplied by Company. This warranty does not cover software, external devices, accessories or other parts added to a Company system after the system is shipped from Company, or accessories or parts that are not installed in the Company factory. Monitors, keyboards, and mice that are included on Company's standard price list are covered under this warranty; all other monitors, keyboards, and mice are not covered. Any part that is repaired or replaced under this warranty will, itself, be warranted only for the remainder of the warranty period of the original product being repaired or replaced.

https://support.cyberpowerpc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015111033

As stated in their warranty documents, that you agreed to when you purchased the product. This document is not hidden either it was like 3 clicks away from the home page. 

Congrats on sending me a warranty page I've read countless times now. I never said it wasn't the industry standard, I simply said that it's absurd. Especially considering they waited to get back to me until my refund window was closed so the only option I have is to send it in for a repair. They were clearly just trying to avoid refunding me for a system they knowingly sent out as defective. Why are you trying so hard to defend practices that are clearly unethical?