Windows 11 Readiness Check (WhyNotWin11)

rcmaehl
5 minutes ago, Shadowcloud said:

Getting this error now, and afterwards an empty window with an OK button with the title "Out". Not entirely sure why.

Screenshot_3.png.a0843e50c15df0af778dd809c15a8acd.png

I may have attached the wrong compiled version... oops 1 sec

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

3 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

I may have attached the wrong compiled version... oops 1 sec

Fixed and reuploaded

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

7 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Fixed and reuploaded

Thank you, now it only says that the check failed and is considered to be Not Present. (And Defender now considers it as a virus...)

I don't seem to have much luck with Windows 11 at that point. TPM is not present, even after I enabled it in the Bios now.
The boot is still legacy and my drive is not in GPT format. 
I don't know if I want to reinstall my Windows again now though, because I just did that a few months ago, and especially because my Ryzen 1800X isn't even listed as compatible CPU on the official site. Not sure why though. Not even my Laptops i7-7500U seems to be supported, but at least your tool shows the correct variables for the three things.

Are these compatible CPU lists just not complete, or is there really something preventing me from running Windows 11 when I should be able to fix the other issues?

And Defender now considers it as a virus...

HECK.

8 minutes ago, Shadowcloud said:

Thank you, now it only says that the check failed and is considered to be Not Present. (And Defender now considers it as a virus...)

I don't seem to have much luck with Windows 11 at that point. TPM is not present, even after I enabled it in the Bios now.
The boot is still legacy and my drive is not in GPT format. 
I don't know if I want to reinstall my Windows again now though, because I just did that a few months ago, and especially because my Ryzen 1800X isn't even listed as compatible CPU on the official site. Not sure why though. Not even my Laptops i7-7500U seems to be supported, but at least your tool shows the correct variables for the three things.

Are these compatible CPU lists just not complete, or is there really something preventing me from running Windows 11 when I should be able to fix the other issues?

The CPU lists are a "soft floor". You will still be able to install if not on that list but it'll gripe at you during the install

Just now, rcmaehl said:

The CPU lists are a "soft floor". You will still be able to install if not on that list but it'll gripe at you during the install

So the CPU lists are basically useless, since it will run anyways as long as the other things are fine? 
I'm just not too sure, why my Laptop is considered to not be compatible then, but I guess the official checking tool just sees the incompatible CPU and is like "Nah, mate. Can't do that." ?

1 minute ago, Shadowcloud said:

So the CPU lists are basically useless, since it will run anyways as long as the other things are fine? 
I'm just not too sure, why my Laptop is considered to not be compatible then, but I guess the official checking tool just sees the incompatible CPU and is like "Nah, mate. Can't do that." ?

CPU lists are probably what you'll want to aim for in a couple years but aren't going to be an issue right away, assuming that the other values check out you should be able to install/run. The actual Microsoft compatibility tool's code is heavy obfuscated and may be hiding extra undocumented checks.

Sorry mate, even though your machine meets the requirement we think you should buy a new PC anyway?

So I have the sacred TPM 2.0 and Secure boot but their tool still says no.  My CPU is a 2020 mid range CPU so can't really see that as a problem.

Capture.PNG

24 minutes ago, drjaymz said:

Sorry mate, even though your machine meets the requirement we think you should buy a new PC anyway?

So I have the sacred TPM 2.0 and Secure boot but their tool still says no.  My CPU is a 2020 mid range CPU so can't really see that as a problem.

Capture.PNG

Processor is not in the supported processor list... Only from 8th gen processors are supported

23 minutes ago, champ06 said:

Processor is not in the supported processor list... Only from 8th gen processors are supported

If it can be persuaded to install it will be fine, I ran the leaked copy just fine on this machine within a VM (which I don't think reports any TPM).  There are a couple of issues with Microsoft's statement that it will be fine on modern PC's.  We have a office full of PC's that are about a year old none will run it.  Many home laptops bought in the last 18 months will be in the sub £1000 and they won't run it either so I would say that the majority of machines wouldn't run it.

The next problem would seem to be that there are another group of PC's that could meet the requirement, but its beyond your average user to change the settings in the BIOS to secure boot and enable TPM 2.0 without borking their current Windows 10 boot process or rendering it unbootable.  Thats why I think there is encouragement to just get a new PC.  But that's a bit unfair when there is a global chip shortage pushing prices up and its not environmentally sound either.

Finally, TPM itself is under embargo and is not globally supported due to specific country restrictions.  So it will be interesting to see how that plays out.  Because you can't be saying you will end support of w10 in 2025 AND win11 only works with TPM AND TPM isn't globally supported.  They would if they were Apple but they aren't.  On the other hand, we do need to push things forward and its only really a new OS that does that.  

15 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

You don't have a TPM installed (or, if installed, enabled)
Your computer is still using legacy boot instead of UEFI

And your PC is still on the old MBR partitioning method

All of these make your PC incompatible.

Whats funny to me, isnt that all things that have been recommended the past decade or so?

Especially the MBR thing… like 99% sure i couldnt install windows (10) on my laptop before using MBR.

im also pretty sure my pc wouldnt even boot without "legacy" settings.

Im just saying if that will be the true requirements for "windows 11" we're in for a ride lol.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

You don't have a TPM installed (or, if installed, enabled)
Your computer is still using legacy boot instead of UEFI

And your PC is still on the old MBR partitioning method

All of these make your PC incompatible.

How to fix?

21 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Means you don't have a TPM, your system doesn't support UEFI, and your disk isn't GPT compatible.

I built this pc like a year ago and obsoletr already oh well for futureproofing

Just now, The Torrent said:

I built this pc like a year ago and obsoletr already oh well for futureproofing

I feel you man, built a workstation last summer (to be fair it was with older hardware) but I didn't expect it to be irrelevant this quickly.

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

I feel you man, built a workstation last summer (to be fair it was with older hardware) but I didn't expect it to be irrelevant this quickly.

Do u know which parts specifically on my pc are too old to support windows 11?

Nothing, just a question of configuration. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 6/24/2021 at 9:57 PM, aeliasov9 said:

image.png.24e9aa69cb872db1e0097aa1b0d3e8eb.png

Chrome 😄

They spy on you.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

@rcmaehl you should update the tool to not check Secure Boot, as it's not actually required to be enabled to pass the check. You just need to be on UEFI and have TPM enabled. This is even on the latest update for the app.

2 hours ago, theswweet said:

@rcmaehl you should update the tool to not check Secure Boot, as it's not actually required to be enabled to pass the check. You just need to be on UEFI and have TPM enabled. This is even on the latest update for the app.

It's TODO. Don't worry. Probably will be out in 2.2.0 along with other fixes

Lmao. I Just installed Windows 11 on my ESXi "server" everything works fine:

win11vm.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 hour ago, Sir Asvald said:

Lmao. I Just installed Windows 11 on my ESXi "server" everything works fine:

It's not the retail version,there will be differences between the versions.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

image.png.6c3256a9807f7743aecc29896bad6534.pngSo i ran this on my old PC, and the TPM check failed (as expected), but i expected the directx support to fail as well (see GPU-Z info underlined on the left); the application thinks i do have directx12 support. Any idea why?