Headphone Upgrade Suggestion(s)

f1cringe

I've had the same pair of hd 558 Sennheiser's for about 5 years now, love them. MY problem is deep-mid bass is now causing a very bad rattle. I'm worried about getting new ones because these have been the most comfortable headphones ive ever worn. I love music and video editing so something flat is obviously gunna be good (pls no beats). I'm debating going to closed back as I'm very adhd so blocking sounds out is good for focusing. anything between 100-200 is very do-able, and from i can tell anything past that has a lot of diminishing returns. And any suggestion is a good suggestion as they are free and very appreciated.

-- Moved to Audio --

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm not that big of an audiophile but I am very particular in the headsets that I choose.   These are like 300 bucks each.

I have had a Steel Series Arctic Pro Wireless and an Astro A50 Gen 4 in the last 5 years.

The Arctic Pro Wireless was my favorite of the two since I could connect my phone, PC, and TV, at once and take and receive calls with it on. 

The sound quality was also awesome I mostly listened over an optical cable though since that's how it runs from my TV. There are reviews that it is quiet but you just have to remove the limiter in the software that is it. Its fully wireless aswell. 

There is another cheaper version of it called the Arctic 7 or something.

The Astros were great and have really good quality. I had to change my router WIFI frequency though because it interfered with the wireless of the headset.

The astros are my daily driver right now and the only problem I have now is that the build quality for the band at the top is horrendous.

1 minute ago, Grezwal said:

I'm not that big of an audiophile but I am very particular in the headsets that I choose.   These are like 300 bucks each.

I have had a Steel Series Arctic Pro Wireless and an Astro A50 Gen 4 in the last 5 years.

The Arctic Pro Wireless was my favorite of the two since I could connect my phone, PC, and TV, at once and take and receive calls with it on. 

The sound quality was also awesome I mostly listened over an optical cable though since that's how it runs from my TV. There are reviews that it is quiet but you just have to remove the limiter in the software that is it. Its fully wireless aswell. 

There is another cheaper version of it called the Arctic 7 or something.

The Astros were great and have really good quality. I had to change my router WIFI frequency though because it interfered with the wireless of the headset.

The astros are my daily driver right now and the only problem I have now is that the build quality for the band at the top is horrendous.

ive thought about going with a gaming headset or something wireless but im unsure of how good they will be for a neutral sound. 

17 minutes ago, f1cringe said:

I've had the same pair of hd 558 Sennheiser's for about 5 years now, love them. MY problem is deep-mid bass is now causing a very bad rattle. I'm worried about getting new ones because these have been the most comfortable headphones ive ever worn. I love music and video editing so something flat is obviously gunna be good (pls no beats). I'm debating going to closed back as I'm very adhd so blocking sounds out is good for focusing. anything between 100-200 is very do-able, and from i can tell anything past that has a lot of diminishing returns. And any suggestion is a good suggestion as they are free and very appreciated.

comfortable neutral closed backs my favortie currently is the akg k361.not super flat but will be decent for your use case. 

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

comfortable neutral closed backs my favortie currently is the akg k361.not super flat but will be decent for your use case. 

Very interesting Ill look at some reviews for sure. thanks