OVERCLOCKING RYZEN 3 3200G

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

I think youll want to reduce the freq till it can run at 1.25 or 1.2v stable, cause 4ghz at 1.35v seems like you have run into the realm of diminishing returns for ocing your cpu, so it might be able to run 3.8 at 1.25 or 1.2v but for 4ghz it needs 1.35v, so for a 100-150mv you are only getting an extra 200mhz aka diminishing returns.

Just now, jaslion said:

That one yes. Don't try to push further AND LEAVE IT AT STOCK.

Ok thanks.

1 minute ago, Ash_Kechummm said:

he's using the iGPU to game, i don't think a 3600 would be helpful; the only possible "upgrade" would be a 3400G, but that's barely any extra performance for a lot more money.

Yes I do not have a GPU. So a 3400G is better for me?

1 minute ago, Nidal Hussein said:

I have tried doing that but honestly don’t know how to get to that option it only shows for the cpu. 

I don't think GPU overclocking is supported on a320, you can still try using ryzen master.

Just now, Nidal Hussein said:

Yes I do not have a GPU. So a 3400G is better for me?

How much can I sell my 3200G right now?

Just now, Ash_Kechummm said:

he's using the iGPU to game, i don't think a 3600 would be helpful; the only possible "upgrade" would be a 3400G, but that's barely any extra performance for a lot more money.

I am aware. I am just saying that ocing is not recommended on the board and that it at best can handle up to a ryzen 3600. Of course they'll need to get a gpu when going with that. I recommend this route as you don't waste money again buying a board. The bazooka is a decent board but for the price not the best and the msi tomahawk is very close in prices but one of the best boards out there

Overclocking on a low end board is not reccomended 4 sure but ive done that on a g31 board paired with an e5400, can reach 4.2ghz and passes cinebench just fine but running 1.4v on a 3 phase vrm is a death wish

If i didnt put heatsinks on the vrms plus a fan over them im pretty sure that board would be toast.

Installing heatsinks on your low end board vrms can help with not killing the board but def not a permanent solution

I don't think GPU overclocking is supported on a320, you can still try using ryzen master.

I have only shows for the cpu. I think I should get the B450 first. Then plan on going to 3400g. Right?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

I am aware. I am just saying that ocing is not recommended on the board and that it at best can handle up to a ryzen 3600. Of course they'll need to get a gpu when going with that. I recommend this route as you don't waste money again buying a board. The bazooka is a decent board but for the price not the best and the msi tomahawk is very close in prices but one of the best boards out there

Yea but I don’t think it would fit in my case. I have a micro atx case.

I have only shows for the cpu. I think I should get the B450 first. Then plan on going to 3400g. Right?

I think you should just buy a gpu once the market has calmed down, cause even apus are being scalped

don't spend any extra money on the CPU for now, since it'll help you save for a GPU down the line.

if you still want to sell the 3200G and risk buying the 3400G in a volatile market, then that order is right.

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I think you should just buy a gpu once the market has calmed down, cause even apus are being scalped

I made a post on what I should buy after this period of time but no one has responded. What gpu u thinking?

I made a post on what I should buy after this period of time but no one has responded. What gpu u thinking?

well, that's because nobody knows when this will end and what GPUs would be out by then. we're just as confused about GPUs as everybody else, unfortunately.

well, that's because nobody knows when this will end and what GPUs would be out by then. we're just as confused about GPUs as everybody else, unfortunately.

Ok well, I don’t want to take 3 years figuring this out. This is what I should do. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

1. Get the B450 MOBO. 
2. OC the cpu but not past 1.3.

3. Try to OC the iGPU as well.

4. maybe get a gpu down the line.

correct?

3 minutes ago, Nidal Hussein said:

Im pretty sure once crypto crashes, the gpu market will be flooded with rtx 3060 and 3070 so maybe go for those gpus

Ok well, I don’t want to take 3 years figuring this out. This is what I should do. Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

1. Get the B450 MOBO. 

correct?

yes.

2 minutes ago, Nidal Hussein said:

1. Get the B450 MOBO. 

correct?

Once you have a b450 board im pretty sure you can oc your cpu with higher volts but for zen+ i think unsafe voltage is around 1.45 or 1.5v

For zen 2 and 3 unsafe voltage is around 1.4-1.45v

yes.

Ok and one last thing. I have not bought the aio yet. Should I or not. Or maybe later. Or substitute it with something else? The only thing that I want to for sure do is upgrade the MOBO.

Ok and one last thing. I have not bought the aio yet. Should I or not. Or maybe later. Or substitute it with something else? The only thing that I want to for sure do is upgrade the MOBO.

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Once you have a b450 board im pretty sure you can oc your cpu with higher volts but for zen+ i think unsafe voltage is around 1.45 or 1.5v

So on the B450 to what should I OC?

Board first aio later, and i think a scythe fuma 2 will perform similarly to a 240mm aio

Oc the igpu and the cpu

Do you know how much? Like you said not past 1.3 right?

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Board first aio later, and i think a scythe fuma 2 will perform similarly to a 240mm aio

What about vetroo v5?

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oc the igpu and the cpu

i think he meant to what voltage, i'm usually not comfortable with overvolting my hardware, but with a good mobo and PSU, an OC to 4.1-4.2 GHz @1.35v should be pretty stable in the short term at least, no idea about 3-4 years down the line. as for the vetroo v5 @Nidal Hussein, that's already good enough for a 3200G, since even when OCed to the redline, a 3200G is just not that hot.

Edited by Ash_Kechummm
adding cooler info

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ideally I was trying to move away form air cpu coolers because in “should you water cool your pc” video from LTT he says it could bend the MOBO if it’s too heavy.

1 minute ago, Ash_Kechummm said:

i think he meant to what voltage, i'm usually not comfortable with overvolting my hardware, but with a good mobo and PSU, an OC to 4.1-4.2 GHz @1.35v should be pretty stable in the short term at least, no idea about 3-4 years down the line

Ok