Minecraft running on low fps with 5600X and 6700XT

Botulinum

Hey everyone,

Recently I got new pc parts. Every game I run runs amazingly except for minecraft. If I try to run minecraft with sodium at 24 chunks I only get 60 fps. I am looking for a fix for quite a while now but I haven't been able to find anything that works. Things I tried so far:

- Setting dedicated RAM to 4, 6 and 8 GB

- Installing JAVA 16

- Reinstalling fabric and the sodium mod

- Changing almost all the video settings possible in minecraft

The rendering distance should be fine as I know someone running exactly the same mods and settings on these specs: I7 6700k, RTX 2060, 16gb RAM, and they obtain almost 200 fps. Hopefully someone knows what is wrong because it has been driving me crazy 🙂

Thanks for the help in advance.

p.s. I'll upload some pictures of settings and in game footage.  

p.s.s. My full specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5600X

GPU: Radeon 6700XT

Motherboard: Aorus B550 elite v2

RAM: 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4

PSU: TX 550 M

settings3.png

settings2.png

Settings1.png

2021-06-24_12.04.20.png

6 minutes ago, Botulinum said:

RAM: 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Is this only one stick or two? That's very very slow ram for a 5600x

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I'm having a similar problem with RTX 2070, my GPU usage in Hypixel is sometimes 20-30%, sometimes lower and I get 85 FPS. I only have OptiFine installed and it's on 1.16.5. My settings are 1440p on everything maxed other than chunks, it shall be like 16 I can't remember.

What I can say is, your 2400 MHz RAM is too slow. Ensure that you are also running Java 64 bit and not 32 bit.

if fps is constantly at 60 then most likely fps is capped (duh,,, ikr) i would check in my driver settings, check if vsync is on and stuff like that,

(try reinstalling your driver if you cant find any settings that have anything to do with fps)

4 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Is this only one stick or two? That's very very slow ram for a 5600x

Two sticks

3 hours ago, Deminisher said:

if fps is constantly at 60 then most likely fps is capped (duh,,, ikr) i would check in my driver settings, check if vsync is on and stuff like that,

(try reinstalling your driver if you cant find any settings that have anything to do with fps)

Haha yeah I tried all of those before didn't work but thanks for the help 🙂

3 hours ago, RTX 3069 said:

I'm having a similar problem with RTX 2070, my GPU usage in Hypixel is sometimes 20-30%, sometimes lower and I get 85 FPS. I only have OptiFine installed and it's on 1.16.5. My settings are 1440p on everything maxed other than chunks, it shall be like 16 I can't remember.

What I can say is, your 2400 MHz RAM is too slow. Ensure that you are also running Java 64 bit and not 32 bit.

Okay cool I'll ask for someone for better ram so I can test and see if thats the problem

4 hours ago, RTX 3069 said:

Do you suggest 3200 or 3600 MHz? If im going to buy a new set

36 minutes ago, Botulinum said:

Do you suggest 3200 or 3600 MHz? If im going to buy a new set

Depends on the latency too, can I have these kits' full specs?

1 hour ago, RTX 3069 said:

Depends on the latency too, can I have these kits' full specs?

I was looking at these: G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3600MHz RGB - [F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX] and these Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3600. I can also do 3200 MHz versions of these but I'm not a pc expert so idk what is the best RAM. I'm looking to spend around 100 euros.  

And yes I want rgb because my pc is looking kinda dark rn haha

4 minutes ago, Botulinum said:

I was looking at these: G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x8GB 3600MHz RGB - [F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX] and these Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3600. I can also do 3200 MHz versions of these but I'm not a pc expert so idk what is the best RAM. I'm looking to spend around 100 euros.  

I'd suggest Crucial Ballistix RGB 2x8 GB 3600 MHz CL16 kits. You can also ask to the RAM section if you want to be sure.

6 hours ago, RTX 3071 said:

I'd suggest Crucial Ballistix RGB 2x8 GB 3600 MHz CL16 kits. You can also ask to the RAM section if you want to be sure.

They confirmed it! Went and bought some, I'll update you tomorrow on the performance see if it works 🤞

On 6/24/2021 at 7:27 PM, RTX 3071 said:

It worked whooo! I got 50% more fps now and I can play 20 chunks on 150 fps. Thanks a lot for your help! 🙂

1 hour ago, Botulinum said:

It worked whooo! I got 50% more fps now and I can play 20 chunks on 150 fps. Thanks a lot for your help! 🙂

No problem, enjoy!