what gpu BESTTT!!!! suits HP microtower 3330 pro ? any ideas.

logahs
41 minutes ago, logahs said:

any idea???

Yeah.  You need to look up the specs of the machine you have and find out what socket it has.  Will very likely be intel of some sort, and HP would have had an opinion as to the fastest cpu it could safely be paired with.  Just from the term “3330” the implication is sandy bridge which would be a 3770k.  “3330” may have nothing specific to do with the socket type though and there could be other limitations as well. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Yeah.  You need to look up the specs of the machine you have and find out what socket it has.  Will very likely be intel of some sort, and HP would have had an opinion as to the fastest cpu it could safely be paired with.  Just from the term “3330” the implication is sandy bridge which would be a 3770k.  “3330” may have nothing specific to do with the socket type though and there could be other limitations as well. 

It's about the gpu.

Seems it either came with a i3 2100 or i5 2400.

Max I'd safely put in there for a system this old would be a gt 1030 gddr5. A 1050 without pcie extra power could possibly work.

Either way op did not provide any specifications or what they want to do so I can't recommend anything with any certainty.

44 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's about the gpu.

Seems it either came with a i3 2100 or i5 2400.

Max I'd safely put in there for a system this old would be a gt 1030 gddr5. A 1050 without pcie extra power could possibly work.

Either way op did not provide any specifications or what they want to do so I can't recommend anything with any certainty.

HP did some odd stuff with their machines.  It might run any intel 2xxx cpu, but it also might only run that i5 as a max.  Not a major improvement.  I suspect any money put into this machine is throwing good money after bad.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

HP did some odd stuff with their machines.  It might run any intel 2xxx cpu, but it also might only run that i5 as a max.  Not a major improvement.  I suspect any money put into this machine is throwing good money after bad.

Pretty much the i7 2600 is the lowest you can go for 60fps gaming nowadays. Anything below that and well tough luck. It won't be too long before even that cpu is done for. Not bad tho an 11 year run and still running modern games at was is for most people plenty enough fps without stuttering, framedrops and whatnot.

depending on the game the i7 2600 is still a nifty little cpu. as for gpu. im not sure if that case is a small form factor or not. the psu might also be propritory and not have any pcie power. so you might be restricted to a short gpu with no extra power needed. you can find 1050ti and i think 1650 aswel in this format

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

Pretty much the i7 2600 is the lowest you can go for 60fps gaming nowadays. Anything below that and well tough luck. It won't be too long before even that cpu is done for. Not bad tho an 11 year run and still running modern games at was is for most people plenty enough fps without stuttering, framedrops and whatnot.

Depends on the game, at 1080 you can definitely do it with a 2500K, something like that

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I don’t know if the motherboard will even take a 2600.  HP was pretty parsimonious with their bios back then.  Wouldn’t be worth doing though even if it did take it unless it was suuupper cheap. Like nearly or actually free. Goes for basically anything on that machine.

1 hour ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Depends on the game, at 1080 you can definitely do it with a 2500K, something like that

Not without stuttering and the like. Pure Quad cores have been done for for a couple years for AAA games.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t know if the motherboard will even take a 2600.  HP was pretty parsimonious with their bios back then.  Wouldn’t be worth doing though even if it did take it unless it was suuupper cheap. Like nearly or actually free. Goes for basically anything on that machine.

I'm not saying upgrade to it the value is just bad. The best op can do is save up money and ditch this system.

cpu: i5 3470

SBO : h61mgv3 

ram : 4 GB adata 1666Mhz

psu 300 W

Ah.  That says some things.  That’s a sandy brigde intel cpu so it has to be a sandy bridge motherboard.  I rather doubt it will take anything bigger or newer than a 3770k, which is a 4/8 chip that because of its low ipc isn’t as powerful as a 3100.  It might possibly take a 4790k.  I don’t know much about sandy bridge vs ivybridge motherboards.  As a prebuilt though if it’s got a sandy bridge cpu in it it’s probably a sandy bridge motherboard.  Again the problem with prebuiltness emerges though.  You’ve got the “what did hp do with the bios?” Thing going on.  It might not even take a 3770k. We’ve got the measure of the machine though.  It will have pcie2 or pcie3.  Whether all 16 channels of that is actually attached is another question. Assuming the low end which is pcie2x8 there wouldn’t be a heckuva lot of point in putting a gpu in that has more bandwidth than that, and there are quite a few video cards that do.  770 maybe would be as much as such a thing might be able to make full use of.  Again, not worth buying anything for this machine.  It’s a question of what you can find lying about.   The iGPU on that chip is weak enough that almost any discrete card would be a step up.  It might be unable to handle anything currently sold though.  Maybe a 1030? Maybe not though I don’t know how their pcie is laid out. If the motherboard is fo realz pcie2x16 a 1030 would definitely work.  The question is more what is available for nothing more than what can it fit though.

Edited by Bombastinator

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Ah.  That says some things.  That’s a sandy brigde intel cpu so it has to be a sandy bridge motherboard.  I rather doubt it will take anything bigger or newer than a 3770k, which is a 4/8 chip that because of its low ipc isn’t as powerful as a 3100.  It might possibly take a 4790k.  I don’t know much about sandy bridge vs ivybridge motherboards.  As a prebuilt though if it’s got a sandy bridge cpu in it it’s probably a sandy bridge motherboard.  Again the problem with prebuiltness emerges though.  You’ve got the “what did hp do with the bios?” Thing going on.  It might not even take a 3770k. We’ve got the measure of the machine though.  It will have pcie2 or pcie3.  Whether all 16 channels of that is actually attached is another question. Assuming the low end which is pcie2x8 there wouldn’t be a heckuva lot of point in putting a gpu in that has more bandwidth than that, and there are quite a few video cards that do.  770 maybe would be as much as such a thing might be able to make full use of.  Again, not worth buying anything for this machine.  It’s a question of what you can find lying about.   The iGPU on that chip is weak enough that almost any discrete card would be a step up.  It might be unable to handle anything currently sold though.  Maybe a 1030? Maybe not though I don’t know how their pcie is laid out. If the motherboard is fo realz pcie2x16 a 1030 would definitely work.  The question is more what is available for nothing more than what can it fit though.

This thing is socket LGA 1155 not LGA 1150 that the 4790k requires. So that wont work.

Basically my advice for op here is get at most a 1050ti WITHOUT any extra pcie pin power connectors and ride this system out. It won't play new games well or at all due to cpu limit but spending more money on it is not worth it.

any place to buy cheap original gtx 1050 ti