This is my first time building a pc, I need help to lessen the price but still deliver a great performance, I'm having a hard time reducing the price.

smi1eyz

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, School

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

What're your thoughts? Any recommendations will be greatly or highly appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (or maybe I'd switch to 6600k or 7600k or 8600k or even 10600k)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler

Mobo: ASRock B365 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: EVGA 1660 ti (but maybe I'll lower my cpu cos im in a budget right now)

Case: Cougar MX340 ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GM 550 W 80+ Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

Monitor: MSI Optix G242 24.8'' 1920x1080 Hz Monitor

Keyboard: Redragon K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Razer Viper Mini Wired Optical Mouse (even though I have big hands)

Headphones: Razer Kraken X or Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger or Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha or Kingston HyperX Cloud II or Turtle Beach EAR FORCE Recon 50 X Headset

What're your thoughts ? Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly or highly appreciated !!! 

and it would really be a MASSIVE help if you can also share systems that are cheaper than 1000 dollars and still deliver great performance when gaming 

Do you have any reason for choosing that cpu/motherboard ? (like you have it already or you can get it cheap)

The B365 seems an old board to me and the cpu is old too.

I mean the decrease in value usually isn't worth the oldness

(Pretty sure someone here will bash your psu)

Ram ? how much ? I'd recommend 16GB

SSD I'd buy one NVMe drive with 2TB (the SN550 is ok if you get it cheap)

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Video card is missing and i would sugeest you not to blow money on an gpu  the prices are so damn high 

You can  go with amd and the value is much better and there will be better performance 

And why do you need windows 10 pro you can use the home vrsion as there is no impact on gaming 

This is a very old system and it just isn't good. That cpu already struggles to play a fair few games.

Any reason you chose components this old?

Also we need a budget can't make it cheaper without knowing the price for this system and the price your budget is.

32 minutes ago, smi1eyz said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, School

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

What're your thoughts? Any recommendations will be greatly or highly appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (or maybe I'd switch to 6600k or 7600k or 8600k or evem 10600k)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler

Mobo: ASRock B365 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: 

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card:

Case: Cougar MX340 ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GM 550 W 80+ Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

Monitor: MSI Optix G242 24.8'' 1920x1080 Hz Monitor

Keyboard: Redragon K552 Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Razer Viper Mini Wired Optical Mouse (even though I have big hands)

Headphones: Razer Kraken X or Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger or Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha or Kingston HyperX Cloud II or Turtle Beach EAR FORCE Recon 50 X Headset

What're your thoughts ? Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly or highly appreciated !!!

Hello man, first and most importantly, BUY THE WINDOWS COPY FROM CDKEY. It will be less than $20 instead of over $100. Second you can save a bit on your storage instead of doing 2 SSDS, you can do a 500GB SSD, which you would put windows on, and a 1TB HDD for everything else. It will save you a bit there. And also try looking for a better motherboard, the one you have chosen is not the best. I can’t really recommend you anything tho. For memory, I recommend 16GB. If you’d like as well, I’d completely change over to RYZEN. So that then you can get a nice B450 motherboard. There good and budget friendly. I personally have a RYZEN 3 3200g on a B450m bazooka max WiFi.