Can a 3080 non FE card fit my case?

Ashino

Hi, i'm planning on getting a 3080/3080ti non FE but i'm not sure if the card will fit my case. My case is Thermaltake VN300M1W2N Chaser MK-I Full Tower, it states that it has a max length of 330mm and most cards out there max out at about 325mm which barely fits my case. Should I just not worry about it and continue hunting for the GPU or am i going to have to get a new case?

So the EVGA FTW3 version of the 3080 Ti is your standard 3 fan card (long as hell) and it's only 300mm long. I wouldn't be picky choosy about that. Buying a case is cheaper on time and money than finding a different card. Take what you can get, sort it out from there.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the size. If you happen to see a card available at or near msrp, just buy it, even if it is large. When it gets to you, give it a go in the case. If it fits, great, and if not, you can either modify the case by removing the hard drive bay area, or just buy a new case. The price of the card+ a new case will probably still be much lower than scalper price of one in the size you want.

I actually also have that case, though I replaced it with a Core P5 for my day to day pc, and just have it in the basement with its old hardware using it as a dedicated server for things like minecraft and terraria. It was definitely snug with the R280x with aftermarket cooler I was using it with. Those sideways mounted hard drive trays are very cool, but it also means that the side wall faces the graphics card area, so you can't just pull a couple of dive trays to allow for extended length video cards like you would be able to do in other cases.

1 hour ago, Kredbu said:

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the size. If you happen to see a card available at or near msrp, just buy it, even if it is large. When it gets to you, give it a go in the case. If it fits, great, and if not, you can either modify the case by removing the hard drive bay area, or just buy a new case. The price of the card+ a new case will probably still be much lower than scalper price of one in the size you want.

I actually also have that case, though I replaced it with a Core P5 for my day to day pc, and just have it in the basement with its old hardware using it as a dedicated server for things like minecraft and terraria. It was definitely snug with the R280x with aftermarket cooler I was using it with. Those sideways mounted hard drive trays are very cool, but it also means that the side wall faces the graphics card area, so you can't just pull a couple of dive trays to allow for extended length video cards like you would be able to do in other cases.

True, but I don't really have the time/energy to go ahead and basically rebuild my pc after getting a new case. If size is an issue then that kinda gives me more of a reason to just get a prebuilt since that's also the easiest way to get a 3080. Like Wavem2 said though, there are 3080 Tis out there that are about 300mm long, which gives me about an inch of space left over so I guess that's fine.