Need help with prioritising upgrades

bln

A while back, I purchased a prebuilt gaming PC, the specs of it are here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GYj3Yg

I know some aspects of the system are extremely weak, but I do not know which upgrades would benefit me the most or which ones are more urgent if there are several. So my question is: are there any major issues with my build? If upgrades need doing, which ones should I prioritise first? I tend to use my PC mostly for gaming and occasional streaming, 

Thank you in advance

Most important upgrade:

SSD.  Get an SSD for your boot drive, and use your HDD as storage.

First and foremost, you need an extra stick of RAM so you're running dual channel. It's absolutely criminal that so many OEMs and SIs sell computers with one stick.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, tkitch said:

Most important upgrade:

SSD.  Get an SSD for your boot drive, and use your HDD as storage.

There is an SSD in his part list.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, Chris Pratt said:

There is an SSD in his part list.

So there is.  Then yeah, a second 8GB Stick to match the first is def top of the list.

After that it's trickier, as your board caps out with the 3000 series, so you could upgrade to a 3700X or something, but can't go past that generation.  

Make sure to add another stick of Ram to run dual channel as Ryzen CPU`s will get a pretty good perofrmance increase by dual channel memory.

Edited by WickedThunder86
Remove irreleavent content.

1 minute ago, WickedThunder86 said:

You should remove the AIO from your list as it`s totally overkill for a Ryzen 3 3200G CPU(65w) The stock cooler that comes in box is more than enough. Also, make sure to add another stick of Ram to run dual channel as Ryzen CPU`s will get a pretty good perofrmance increase by dual channel memory.

it was a prebuilt, the AIO is in it already.

1 minute ago, WickedThunder86 said:

You should remove the AIO from your list as it`s totally overkill for a Ryzen 3 3200G CPU(65w) The stock cooler that comes in box is more than enough. Also, make sure to add another stick of Ram to run dual channel as Ryzen CPU`s will get a pretty good perofrmance increase by dual channel memory.

First, this is existing parts on a prebuilt. The OP is just using PCPartPicker as an easy way to give us the current specs.

Second, it's only a 120mm rad, so it's not overkill at all. 

Just now, tkitch said:

it was a prebuilt, the AIO is in it already.

Sorry, I accidendenatlly ddn`t read that part.

So if you can get an AMD 3600 you can get 2 additional cores and get 8 more threads. If you're getting the AMD 3600 you would be better off by getting  a b450 motherboard. Other than these there's nothing much to change. Also make sure that you get 2 sticks of ram.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

20 minutes ago, tkitch said:

so you could upgrade to a 3700X or something, but can't go past that generation.  

Not with that board. The VRM is terrible.

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Not with that board. The VRM is terrible.

Why?  They're both 65W CPUs.

9 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Doesn't matter a320 boards are the basic. They advertise it as High end gaming motherboards but they are the basic of basic motherboards not even gaming ones. They can game but it's like running games on a office laptop.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

4 minutes ago, Gamer4714 said:

Doesn't matter a320 boards are the basic. They advertise it as High end gaming motherboards but they are the basic of basic motherboards not even gaming ones. They can game but it's like running games on a office laptop.

And if you get an office laptop with an 8GB GPU, it'll run games fine.  And?

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

And if you get an office laptop with an 8GB GPU, it'll run games fine.  And?

The performance of GPU depends on the motherboard and the cpu. None of the pc parts should throttle one another. But if you're not OCing or running triple a titles current build should be fine

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

So what do you think happens when the cpu is under load ? You think it stays at 65W ? Sorry but it is not a good idea to put an 8 core cpu on a board like that. The fact the op has an AIO doesn't help either as a tower cooler might at least provide some airflow over the VRM. I would stick to a 6 core max.