CPU turns on but no prefrals working or monitors

Go to solution Solved by MuffinMunch,

So a while ago there was a black out after the blackout when I turned on my computer it lit up the tower RGB and the fans started spinning at max. But the monitors and the keyboard aren't working. I was told to take out the CMOS battery and put it back and that worked for the several next blackouts ( yea they happen fairly regularly here). Today it happened again but when I took out the battery and put it back it nothing got fixed. I took a CMOS battery from my old rig. (Same battery) and replaced it it still didn't work. Any idea what's wrong? Should I try to get a new battery just incase both of them are dead?

Also the pc doesn't post even without the battery in.

20210419_115311.jpg

20210419_115316.jpg

20210419_115524.jpg

So a while ago there was a black out after the blackout when I turned on my computer it lit up the tower RGB and the fans started spinning at max. But the monitors and the keyboard aren't working. I was told to take out the CMOS battery and put it back and that worked for the several next blackouts ( yea they happen fairly regularly here). Today it happened again but when I took out the battery and put it back it nothing got fixed. I took a CMOS battery from my old rig. (Same battery) and replaced it it still didn't work. Any idea what's wrong? Should I try to get a new battery just incase both of them are dead?

Also the pc doesn't post even without the battery in.

20210419_115311.jpg

20210419_115316.jpg

20210419_115524.jpg

What you want is a line-interactive UPS.

If you get blackouts /THAT/ often, you really freaking need one, since that is really bad for your computer.

Just now, tkitch said:

What you want is a line-interactive UPS.

If you get blackouts /THAT/ often, you really freaking need one, since that is really bad for your computer.

I have a surge protector. I am saving up for a ups

Just now, MuffinMunch said:

I have a surge protector. I am saving up for a ups

A surge protector doesn't actually do that much, and does little to nothing for blackouts.  And nothing for brownouts.

A UPS Will actually protect hardware.

Do you have a PC Speaker in the build, or does the board have an error code LCD?

Just now, tkitch said:

A surge protector doesn't actually do that much, and does little to nothing for blackouts.  And nothing for brownouts.

Do you have a PC Speaker in the build, or does the board have an error code LCD?

As far as I know the board doesn't have an error code LCD I have headphones also the pc doesn't post without the battery in.

11 minutes ago, tkitch said:

It worked it needed a longer time for it to discharge.

I will buy a Usp asap though