VEGA 7 VS VEGA 11

is the vega 7 of the 5600g better than the vega 11 of the 3400g?

the vega 11 has more CUs with running at lower speeds while the vega 7 has lesser CUs running at higher speeds

i have never seen anyone benchmarking both of these and comparing them...i am trying to get a new build with a RYZEN APU (everything is set except for the CPU....like if its the 5600g i have to wait till august)

i know that the 5600g has better CPU...but then just i want to know which one performs better as an APU

Good day 🙂

ETA Prime is my go-to reviewer for parts like this:

He doesn't have a head-to-head comparison video between the 5600G and the 3400G but you should be able to watch this and then watch some of his older content covering the 3400G and get a sense of how they compare. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Eviljuche said:

Speeds are not the problem since you can overclock any Vega in BIOS, which is very easy to do - Vega chips can be easily overclocked up to 1600-1700 MHz with voltage usually set in 'Auto'. I have a Vega 3 and I overclocked it to 1700 MHz, which resulted in 30 FPS in Cyberpunk 2077 on lowest with FidelityFX in 1280x1024(I use a square monitor) which is somewhere between the 720p and 1080p, I am sure that overclocked Vega 11 with its mighty cores will show some astonishing results after given overclock.

i know that vegas can be easily overclocked...but then that would void my warranty and i dont want to overclock them as soon as i bought them

Just now, Middcore said:

ETA Prime is my go-to reviewer for parts like this:

He doesn't have a head-to-head comparison video between the 5600G and the 3400G but you should be able to watch this and then watch some of his older content covering the 3400G and get a sense of how they compare. 

hmm...ok!

i saw this video of his but did not see his older video...but then didn't her overclock the CPU in this video?...still....thanks!

6 minutes ago, Sed Linus said:

i know that vegas can be easily overclocked...but then that would void my warranty and i dont want to overclock them as soon as i bought them

No it won't. And even if you are that one special unicorn in 2021 who knows how to flash a custom BIOS but hasn't figured out how to mount a cooler yet, no one would ever be able to prove that overclocking killed your CPU.

Vega 11 will outperform Vega 7 pretty handily. There was a brief window where laptops equipped with Vega 8 were outperforming APUs carrying Vega 10, but that was because laptop manufacturers weren't properly cooling the Ryzen 7 chips that came with Vega 10 included. And those were, you know, laptops.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

24 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

No it won't. And even if you are that one special unicorn in 2021 who knows how to flash a custom BIOS but hasn't figured out how to mount a cooler yet, no one would ever be able to prove that overclocking killed your CPU.

Vega 11 will outperform Vega 7 pretty handily. There was a brief window where laptops equipped with Vega 8 were outperforming APUs carrying Vega 10, but that was because laptop manufacturers weren't properly cooling the Ryzen 7 chips that came with Vega 10 included. And those were, you know, laptops.

but with the current shortage...wont it be quite tough to get a replacement (its not like i am scared of overclocking)

25 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

This is understandable, but bear in mind that Vegas are getting old - I guess that all the new titles will work properly only with overclock by the end of 2021... BUT since we have FSR now (yes, it's available for Vega too), maybe things will be better, and in that case the better option will be the APU that works better with FSR, but now it is to early for such benchmarks to even appear online...

ok then!

so the vega 11 would perform better than the vega 7 if overclocked..

but is there any possibility where the vega 7 can be overclocked to higher clock speeds (2500mhz??)(the stock speed is 1900mhz)...coz as what @Eviljuche said vegas can   be overclocked easily

1 minute ago, Eviljuche said:

I do not think so. I think that 1700 is the most you can juice up from a regular b450/550 motherboard on Vega - and this is a lot, actually. At least without any voltage tinkering or extreme cooling, I doubt that it would be possible. When I said that overclocking Vega is easy, i meant that you can just set the GPU multiplier to 1.6 or 1.7 in BIOS and do nothing else, which is a rarity nowadays - in most of the cases it is required to find the right voltage too, whereas with Vega on 1700 MHz you can left the voltage on 'Auto'.

the vega 7 of the 5600g has 1900mhz as the stock speed...that is why i asked can i bring it upto like 2500mhz or something like that

thanks!

29 minutes ago, Eviljuche said:

Ah, you were talking about Vega 7, not 11... You can do 2300-2400, but the frequency is not the everything. Overclocked Vega 11 with lower freq might outperform the Vega 7 with 2300 MHz overclock just because of more cores

ok...thanks!!

i am going with the vega 7 then...coz of that xtra cpu performance...rn with the current gpu shprtage i might not be able to throw in a 1660ti or something similar...but i think this would suffice..thanks!!