How fragile are psu ac power ports?

Niklas1120
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
2 minutes ago, Niklas1120 said:

Oh. Ive just noticed the port itself wiggles a bit with the cable, but its veeeeery slight and my old psu does the same ting after 8 years of use. So the port is supposed to have some movement to it?

Yep. Every power supply I've ever owned has a very slight wiggle to the port. Not like it's cemented in place or anything, especially since it's made of plastic.

Hey i asked this question on another forum, but i would like some more opinions on the matter.

Just got a new pc with a 1000w rog strix psu. Its based on the seasonic focus plus i believe. I had to take the cable in and out of the ac port on the psu. It was quite difficult to get out and took some wiggling. Looked like the casing gave quite a bit... nothing seems to be damaged on the outside and everything works fine. Might just be overthinking, but how easily can the internals of the psu ac port be damaged?

They're not.

Those cables always take a little wiggling to get out. Yes, the casing of the power supply will flex, the steel is quite thin. You won't hurt a thing as long as you're not violent with it.

4 minutes ago, wavem2 said:

They're not.

Those cables always take a little wiggling to get out. Yes, the casing of the power supply will flex, the steel is quite thin. You won't hurt a thing as long as you're not violent with it.

Oh. Ive just noticed the port itself wiggles a bit with the cable, but its veeeeery slight and my old psu does the same ting after 8 years of use. So the port is supposed to have some movement to it?

2 minutes ago, Niklas1120 said:

Yep. Every power supply I've ever owned has a very slight wiggle to the port. Not like it's cemented in place or anything, especially since it's made of plastic.

2 hours ago, wavem2 said:

Okay man, thank you very much for your help! 🙂