GPU fan spinning but no display!

Kyaru
Go to solution Solved by da na,

There's something wrong with that GPU. That's most likely a dead graphics card, sadly. Shutdown and fans ramping up is an issue usually caused by shutdown from overheating, and shutting off the PSU may have made it worse. Or, you just watched your GPU die. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. You could try putting it in the oven (no seriously, I'm not trolling, it's called a reflow and can help fix degraded solder joints. Just take as much plastic off the card as you can before you do.) but beyond that there's not much.

Edit: It's been a while since I've heard the name Inno3D... that was a bit nostalgic

Hi! 

So a few days ago my pc suddenly went black screen, the fans ramped up. In panic i turned the power supply switch off. I tried to turn on the pc but then it got no display, the fans in the gpu are spinning and i heard a beep from post. I tried using the igpu and its fine, monitor and cables are fine!  So I don't know what happend, I tried some troubleshooting from the internet such as:

• Resetting the bios

• Reseating everything

• Using 1 ram stick or switching its slot

Now im using it without the dedicated graphics and its very devastating for me :(

My pc:

I7 4790k 

Asus h81m-D

8gb hyper X rams

Inno3D Gtx 560 

FSP 550 watts 

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. i know its kind of old but its all i have 

There's something wrong with that GPU. That's most likely a dead graphics card, sadly. Shutdown and fans ramping up is an issue usually caused by shutdown from overheating, and shutting off the PSU may have made it worse. Or, you just watched your GPU die. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. You could try putting it in the oven (no seriously, I'm not trolling, it's called a reflow and can help fix degraded solder joints. Just take as much plastic off the card as you can before you do.) but beyond that there's not much.

Edit: It's been a while since I've heard the name Inno3D... that was a bit nostalgic

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

Is it possible that i damaged other components other than the graphics card?

9 minutes ago, Kyaru said:

Not likely as the computer works just fine without the GPU installed. I second that your GPU is culprit. For it being a GTX 560 you got a lot of use out of it, unfortunately it appears that it's time has come.  That card is just old, most likely just gave out, I'd just replace it and call it good.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

15 minutes ago, Kyaru said:

Probably not, it just seems like your GPU reached the end of its life.  Rip.

If you need a suggestion for a new GPU I'd buy a Quadro k620 or FirePro w7000, those have largely been untouched by scalpers.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Not likely as the computer works just fine without the GPU installed. I second that your GPU is culprit. For it being a GTX 560 you got a lot of use out of it, unfortunately it appears that it's time has come.  That card is just old, most likely just gave out, I'd just replace it and call it good.

I see, well thanks for everything! I'll start saving for a replacement 🙂

1 hour ago, Mel0nMan said:

Probably not, it just seems like your GPU reached the end of its life.  Rip.

If you need a suggestion for a new GPU I'd buy a Quadro k620 or FirePro w7000, those have largely been untouched by scalpers.

Aight! I'll take note of those and see what i'll find 🙂