I need a SSD recommendation for my computer

TheMetalsmith
Go to solution Solved by Pigeon_Milk,

Your computer should be able to fit any 2.5" or m.2 SSD according to this article. You never specified how much space you wanted so I'm just going to assume 1tb is probably enough, here is a great option if you have Amazon prime because it's on sale ($84.99), and it's probably fast enough for anything you would want to do. As for cloning the drive, it's always kind of a PITA to get done, AFAIK you can use Acronis from WD website if you have a Western Digital drive in your system and that is pretty easy to use, but if not you can use Clonezilla but that requires you to make a bootable flash drive to clone the drive (but if you're comfortable with that I would recommend that).

I purchased this computer in 2016 and it has been a faithful daily driver, however, the start up and loading times are beginning to slow with the years. I want to upgrade the HDD to a SSD but I am not sure what will work with the specs. I want the fastest SSD for the least money that fits in this computer, obviously. 

Would you please suggest a SSD for me? and if you want to go above and beyond, maybe link me to some tutorial as to how to make it my primary drive and boot from it or transfer my OS to it?

2016 Alienware Aurora R5 Base

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K Processor

micro-ATX motherboard (I have no idea the exact model, It isn't listed with the specs I have.)

Windows 10 Home (64bit) English

850W PSU

1 minute ago, Smarttech47 said:

Sn550 is the best imo

I believe OP's system doesn't have NVMe, but I could be mistaken.
Best not to gamble though. His HDD is definitely SATA and it's very easy to just swap two SATA data and power cables to a SATA SSD, and like @Tan3l6 said the MX500 is the best SSD for this kind of thing IMO.

OP, what you could do is use your SSD for booting and get a 250GB one, and then use your existing HDD for game storage.

elephants

Your computer should be able to fit any 2.5" or m.2 SSD according to this article. You never specified how much space you wanted so I'm just going to assume 1tb is probably enough, here is a great option if you have Amazon prime because it's on sale ($84.99), and it's probably fast enough for anything you would want to do. As for cloning the drive, it's always kind of a PITA to get done, AFAIK you can use Acronis from WD website if you have a Western Digital drive in your system and that is pretty easy to use, but if not you can use Clonezilla but that requires you to make a bootable flash drive to clone the drive (but if you're comfortable with that I would recommend that).