The proper AC adapter to power Dell G7 7588

have a Dell G7 7588 that I bought in 2018. The specs are i7 8750H, GTX 1050ti, 8GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, and 1TB HDD.

I have heard that my laptop is using hybrid power (it's using the AC adapter and the battery simultaneously) because the AC adapter that I got in the box (130W) is not enough to power all the components in it (when I'm doing heavy task like playing video games). Because of that, after 3 years of using this laptop, my battery is currently in a really bad condition. My laptop can only turn on in 15 minutes before it ran out of battery. And also when I'm playing video games (like Apex Legends), my laptop will run out of battery even if it's plugged in, so the laptop will go to sleep mode in the middle of the game.

So my question is: how much power does it actually need to power my laptop?

Because I was wondering to buy an AC adapter that has higher power output. Does 150W enough? or should I get the 180W?

I have a laptop with similar specs to yours (same CPU and GPU) and it has a 200w power adapter, so the 180W would probably be fine if that's the most powerful one you can find. Honestly though it surprising that Dell even ships a laptop with an underpowered power adapter.

31 minutes ago, Pigeon_Milk said:

I have a laptop with similar specs to yours (same CPU and GPU) and it has a 200w power adapter, so the 180W would probably be fine if that's the most powerful one you can find. Honestly though it surprising that Dell even ships a laptop with an underpowered power adapter.

Yeah it kinda sucks Dell did this. But they argue that it came with underpowered power adapter because it needs to be compact enough to be portable, or the adapter will has to be bigger and heavier, which it doesn't make sense because my laptop's model actually has the 180W power adapter option. Weird.

May I know what your laptop is?