1000€ Gaming PC pgrade

Phale

Budget (including currency): 1000€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming, some video editing or CAD work here and there, maybe CFD simulation, maybe some streaming

Other details: 

Hey there,

I'm upgrading from my current system with an i5-4460 and KFA2 1080. I built this system about 6-7 years ago and since have upgraded my GPU, added more RAM and a 5TB HDD. I want to upgrade the CPU now which means new motherboard and RAM (I'm still rocking DDR3), so I thought while I'm at it I might as well upgrade the whole system. The only things from my old system that I'm planning to keep are the 1080 of course, my 1TB and 5TB hard drives, my Wifi and USB PCIe expansion cards and obviously my peripherals.

My budget is going to be around 1000-1100€ for this although I'm willing to go a bit above that for an upgrade that's worthwhile. My primary workload is gaming which should really be the focus of this upgrade (I have a 120Hz 1080p monitor). However it might need to withstand some more CPU heavy workloads like video editing every once in a while. I also might need to do some CFD simulation on it for university which heavily benefits from a higher core count so I want it to be ready for that, which is why I opted for the 5800x instead of the 5600x. It should also be better suited for streaming which is something I might start doing at some point in the future and I think more cores could be an advantage in a couple years as workloads become more multithreaded. The 5900x is almost 200€ more expensive here so I don't think that would be worth it. I'll also try some overclocking sooner or later, hence the cooler.

I chose a 650W power supply because I need some headroom for the inevitable GPU upgrade in a couple years.

I've picked out all the parts that I think make sense here: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/bKwxBc

This is what the complete system with the new and old parts that I'm planning to keep would look like: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/HKtMW3

I'd love to hear some feedback. Thanks so much!

PC Upgrade.PNG

1 hour ago, Eauxdoesstufff said:

pretty solid list from be but I would recommend a 750w psu for a powerful gpu

I wasn't 100% sure about that, I just checked and the 750w model only costs about 10€ more so I'll definitely go for that. Thanks!