YouTube now requires EU, EEA, UK & Swiss viewers to physically verify age before they can watch age restricted videos

Master Disaster
7 hours ago, Outerspace said:

You can also install a SCRIPT with tampermonkey/violentmonkey to bypass this nonsense, without having to use a VPN or giving personal info.

"Only the paranoid survive! Blacklist all sites that never should be accessible by a userscript."

This is going to take a while to blacklist *ALL* websites except yt…

Brb in 10 million years!  ; )

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I really don't understand why this is such an issue. You can just submit a document with everything blacked out except your date of birth and document expire date. No name, no picture nothing except those 2 dates. Worked perfectly fine for me and was verified in 10 minutes. 

6 hours ago, bicolorduck said:

I really don't understand why this is such an issue. You can just submit a document with everything blacked out except your date of birth and document expire date. No name, no picture nothing except those 2 dates. Worked perfectly fine for me and was verified in 10 minutes. 

until it comes to those who don't, and at some point that data will be stored or looked at, and maybe used.

Then if it will be used for more tracking or regulation in said country over privacy and what google might do?

• 7 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 8:54 AM, bicolorduck said:

Just tried this with a UK driving licence. Using 'Preview' tools I blacked out all the info, including my image. Left my DOB, the date I got the licence renewed and the licence expiry date clear to read.  It was refused by YouTube immediately.

Honestly this should be illegal, simply because its ultimately Youtube who decides whats "age restricted". Or users who are hardly qualified to do so either. So in the end this is just a way for Youtube to get even nore, and more importantly "real" user data.

How is this legal? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer