Cleaning LTT Deskpad

mikegray

So ... how would you guys proceed if some idiot had emptied an XL mug of coffe over your mechanical keyboard and into your brand new LTT Deskpad? Specifically, the deskpad. (Let´s just assume that the person in question has some experience cleaning keyboards.)

Just wipe it down with a damp cloth? Use detergent? Chunk it in the washer with the keycaps?

(Asking for a friend, obviously.🤥)

Spoiler

PSU: Cooler Master V1200 Platinum / MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming / CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming OC 24GB / OS: Windows 11 / Screen: Samsung CRG9 (5120 x 1440) / Case: DIY Bench built custom into a a cabinet / Case Fans: 4x BeQuiet Magicool 140mm Pure Wings / Rad: Magicool 180 Triple / Pump: Aquastream XT / Res: Aquacomputer aqualis PRO 450ml / CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clear Acetal / GPU Blocks: Bykski N-GV1080TIG1-X with VRAM Cooling via B-3090TC-X Water Block

If it's just a mousemat put it in a washerbag and put it in the washer at a lower temperature, lower rotation with ONLY detergent AND NO fabric softener.

My suggestion would be to put detergent and water on it and make lather. And then slightly fill a bathtub and let it soak there for 20-30 minutes.

Toothbrush and a fabric friendly cleaner. Drench the pad with water and spread the cleaner around, and start agitating it with the toothbrush. wash and add more if the soap is saturated with the dirt. after youre done, wash the soap away completely and then dry it preferably natutal air drying outside away from sun exposure.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2021 at 2:19 AM, SorryClaire said:

Toothbrush and a fabric friendly cleaner. Drench the pad with water and spread the cleaner around, and start agitating it with the toothbrush. wash and add more if the soap is saturated with the dirt. after youre done, wash the soap away completely and then dry it preferably natutal air drying outside away from sun exposure.

This thread is quite old, but this answer was precisely what I needed. Managed to get drywall dust of all things worked into the pad, and this method pulled it out quite nicely. 👍