CPU and GPU fans stay on after shutdown

Jannek

Hey,

I recently took my PSU out of the computer to test some other PC parts, but build it in the exact way as it was before after testing the other parts for like 30min.

Now, after i shutdown my PC the CPU and GPU fans are still spinning until i turn of the PSU. When i turn it back on, the fans dont start until i turn on the PC.

I found this thread with the same problem. They came to the conclusion that the PSU is not turning off corectry and he replaced it.

I've tried to reset the BIOS and checked all connections to the PSU, but that dodn't help.

My question is if my PSU is broken now, or if anybody has an idea how to fix it or if anything else could be the problem.

If it is the PSU, is something like this bad for the System or can i still use it like that and just turn of the PSU afert a normal shutdown?

Thanks

I guess it shpuld be under the PSU topic, i dont know how to move it

2 minutes ago, Jannek said:

I guess it shpuld be under the PSU topic

Troubleshooting would make more sense.

3 minutes ago, Jannek said:

i dont know how to move it

I dont believe you can.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

I would try with another PSU to find out if its the MB or PSU. But you might not have one available for test?

Another way to go about it is to get a fan controller like Corsairs commander pro (that i highly recommend over MB controll anyway)