Need help finding out what graphics card I need

Go to solution Solved by Vic202096,

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and I would like the help of the community to find out the best laptop to buy for my workstation.

My workstation consist of a 55in CX OLED from LG and Logitech G915 and MX Master 3 mouse. I am using the station for medical school and running 3D programs to study anatomy as well as examine diagnostic images. Ideally I want the laptop to be able to use my TV as the monitor and would like the laptop to be able to run 4K 60hz on the TV. What type of laptop and minimum graphics card does the laptop need to have in order to output 4K 60hz to the TV and run programs well. 

Any advice or direction would be great.

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and I would like the help of the community to find out the best laptop to buy for my workstation.

My workstation consist of a 55in CX OLED from LG and Logitech G915 and MX Master 3 mouse. I am using the station for medical school and running 3D programs to study anatomy as well as examine diagnostic images. Ideally I want the laptop to be able to use my TV as the monitor and would like the laptop to be able to run 4K 60hz on the TV. What type of laptop and minimum graphics card does the laptop need to have in order to output 4K 60hz to the TV and run programs well. 

1 minute ago, Vic202096 said:

Hello,

If all you're using the laptop for is running a 3D program (Not creating inside a 3d software like blender) and connecting to a oled screen, something like a Dell XPS 15 would be a great laptop for you (https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-15-touch-laptop/spd/xps-15-9500-laptop/xn9500cto212s) It has a 1650 ti (which is good for light gaming) and has the power in the cpu for everything you'll need.

Hello,

I have had my eyes on the XPS 15 and thought it checked all the boxes. Would you recommend the 2020 model with the 1650ti or the 2021 model with the 3050ti?