What does "gaming" ADSL/Router do for my ping

Islam Ghunym
Go to solution Solved by Lurick,

No, they cannot make the internet connection lag free or give you better ping. That's for local network traffic only and does not apply beyond the router.

my only 1 available ISP and it is overloaded by customers so during the night when more people go online and overload the only 1 ISP in the whole country! my ping in online games starts to be a lot variable which is making my experience much worse than those who play with high ping because when you get varied pings, the game server starts to fail processing things properly and everything would seem messed up. for example in apex legends my ping starts to vary crazily between 90-125 ms while shooting and then will spike to 175 then get back to that range. what I am saying is that this range itself 90-125 is a problem and I have nothing to do about that. however I can only change my ADSL/Router (ASUS DSL-N14U)

the maximum upload I can get on my dedicated gaming line is 1 MB so I can't fix the ping variance problem by getting higher upload speed聽so I came across "gaming" ADSL/Router from Netgear. they claim lag free gaming... what could it do for me? will it improve my connection to my ISP and give me higher priority some way and so more stable ping? and if it does that.... how??

No, they cannot make the internet connection lag free or give you better ping. That's for local network traffic only and does not apply beyond the router.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 6/22/2021 at 12:23 AM, Lurick said:

So you are saying that the ADSL modem/Router have nothing to do with ping stability and you claim that there is no way to make ping more stable 馃槥 聽Right? Because If you mean by better ping "lower ping" I don't mean lower ping by stable ping. That is completely a different thing

10 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

So you are saying that the ADSL modem/Router have nothing to do with ping stability and you claim that there is no way to make ping more stable 馃槥 聽Right? Because If you mean by better ping "lower ping" I don't mean lower ping by stable ping. That is completely a different thing

Once your traffic leaves the local network it's out of your control, the router can do nothing to improve that.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: