Looking to buy a new and my first mechanical keyboard

Masaladicer281

Hey everyone, I'm planning on buying my first mechanical keyboard soon but I'm not sure how to go about choosing one, I've used MX cherry reds,blues and browns as well as razer greens and I don't mind either one. I'm looking at either getting a TKL or full sized keyboard with rgb and a minimal aesthetic. My budget is around $150 for the keyboard and $50 for the mouse. If anyone could assist me in finding a good keyboard it would be much appreciated 

I have had a great experience with my iKBC CD87, there's a full size version with a tenkey called the CD108. It's offered with pretty much any MX switch you could possibly want (Black, blue, brown, clear, red, and silent red). I only bought it because it had no RGB, but you're looking for RGB. Just something to consider if you want a lot of switch choices.

Check out keychron offering for the keyboard ... depending of the one you chose you can get it with hotswap socket which I strongly recommend

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Not exactly TKL, but 75%. I like the Royal Kludge RK84 because of its hot swap, 3 different connection modes (wired, bluetooth, and 2.4ghz), and the small added benefit of being able to choose if you want a floating switch look or high profile design. It's better than Keychron's 75% imo. I've also had the GMMK TKL, but have had a bit of issue with their quality control, but otherwise a good starter for a mechanical keyboard. If you know you want to choose your own keycaps and switches (aka you know you don't want the usual reds browns or blues) I'd look into the Epomaker/Skyloong GK87 or GK87S.