What can your PSU power?

Beat_my_Laptop

Are there power distributor boards like 8-pin to quad-usb? (Hypothetical example, not a specific request). Since I don't plan on tacky RGB everywhere even high spec build options (Ryzen 9 5950x or Threadripper Pro 3975wx paired with quadro p4000 & high teir mobos) take really small PSUs. Can I do anything with the headroom besides call it "future proofing headspace?" Can I split some power into USB outlets or another connection for utility functions?

I dont think if i get you but the usb has a stabdard and u just cant gi oumoing more energy through it. Also if you judt have a USB port with Power pins i have no idea if it would work. Also rgb doesnt consume much. If LEDs would give you the push over the PSU limit ur system id probably alr unstable

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

45 minutes ago, rafe_28 said:

I dont think if i get you but the usb has a stabdard and u just cant gi oumoing more energy through it. Also if you judt have a USB port with Power pins i have no idea if it would work. Also rgb doesnt consume much. If LEDs would give you the push over the PSU limit ur system id probably alr unstable

You don't understand anything I said. 

I'll have spare wattage on my PSU. is there USB power board or something that can plug into the PSU so I can do something useful with the spare wattage?

I don't have RGB or leds & don't plan on adding any, another reason I have surplus wattage

Now i am even more confused... you eant psu powered usb ports? Not from any motherboard header or rear i/o?

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

2 hours ago, rafe_28 said:

Now i am even more confused... you eant psu powered usb ports? Not from any motherboard header or rear i/o?

Yeah, or any other ports powered by PSU. I'm going to have spare wattage, that seems like an effective use of said wattage

Most of the “spare wattage” is on the 12V rail.  USB ports would be on 5V and 5VSB, and that’s significantly more limited.  Check the spec of your power supply to see how much current is available for the 5V and 5VSB rails.  For example if your power supply is rated for 1000 Watts of continuous output, most of that is for the 12V rail.  A Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt only allows maximum of 150 Watts / 20A for the 5V rail combined with 3.3V rail, and max of only 15 Watts / 3A for the 5VSB rail.  5VSB is the rail used in standby mode of your computer to power peripherals and USB ports while the computer sleeps/is powered off.  If you want to use your PC to charge your phones while it’s off, it might not be as good as a dedicated multi-port USB charger.

15 hours ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

I'll have spare wattage on my PSU. is there USB power board or something that can plug into the PSU so I can do something useful with the spare wattage?

This appears to be a "I want all the watts that I paid for" type of situation, which is dumb. 

You're just looking for ways to burn off extra power to run the supply at higher load. Why'd you do that? Running at lower load will make it run cooler, more efficiently and last longer.

I mean you could put all sorts of ports on the computer, 12V outputs, USB ports, whatever can work on 12V or less, but in order to make use of that you also always have to be powering stuff with those ports.