any tips for a newbie

after having to rma an entirely new build i decided to swap to amd and is also gonna take the big leap with custom watercooling. any tips and guides i would gladly take and is there are any good kits to get started

currently making a list of all components and other hardware needed

Go watch jayztwocents. He has great watercooling advice for all levels.

Keep in mind that this is a costly endeavor and that this is very much so a project you need to do regular maintenance on. It is not recommended for beginner pc building but it is entirely possible to do so.

There are kits yes but you'll still have to but a lot of parts on your own depending on what you want to cool and the config you go with so it often is best to skip kits and get a bundle of parts or make your own.

I just finished my first watercooling loop and i can say dont watse ur money on bending kits but be sure to buy enough tubing. 4m were baaaarely enough for me and if i would have messed up one more bend i would have been out of tubing. Also start with the long runs and if they go bad just cut the bad part out and reuse the pieces for shorter bends. A kit isnt really needed if you do ur research. You dont need a D5 or DDC. The SPC from EK is a good budget option. 

I dont have time now and maybe will come back lqter to add something

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

42 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Go watch jayztwocents. He has great watercooling advice for all levels.

Keep in mind that this is a costly endeavor and that this is very much so a project you need to do regular maintenance on. It is not recommended for beginner pc building but it is entirely possible to do so.

There are kits yes but you'll still have to but a lot of parts on your own depending on what you want to cool and the config you go with so it often is best to skip kits and get a bundle of parts or make your own.

any manufacturer to stay away from when it comes to parts for custom loops

1 hour ago, Battling said:

Anything u can only find on aliexpress.... and that goes for everything not jsut watercooling. If they are so unpopular that they need to use an asian third party seller that has questionable delivery times there is probably a reason they omly sell it there. Never bought anything of aliexpress and for even more rrasons never will 

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Battling said:

Buy by product not by brand applies here all too well.

20 minutes ago, rafe_28 said:

Anything u can only find on aliexpress.... and that goes for everything not jsut watercooling. If they are so unpopular that they need to use an asian third party seller that has questionable delivery times there is probably a reason they omly sell it there. Never bought anything of aliexpress and for even more rrasons never will 

Byski is one of those oddballs they have some EXCELLENT blocks but also absolute garbage ones.

Also keep in mind A LOT of legit brands and such sell on aliexpress too.

Aliexpress exclusive stuff that is usually kinda ehh.

26 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Aliexpress exclusive stuff that is usually kinda ehh

"Anything you can ONLY find on Aliexpress" ;)

Spoiler

Bykski fittings are excellent to use as a low cost alternative, their newer ones where they went to a full rubber sleeve as opposed to O-rings look to be a great product. I have a bunch sitting here just waiting for tubbing to come in so I can use them

27 minutes ago, rafe_28 said:

"Anything you can ONLY find on Aliexpress" 😉

Better said

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Better said

But i said that...

Spoiler