Hear mic audio through headset without delay?

Postage Bread

I am switching to a at2005 and I am use to using my razer kraken headset mic which lets me hear what I am saying without delay. With this new external mci will I be able to set up something that lets me hear the mic without delay. I know of voicemeeter but I don't like having to run it in the background all the time I like using windows to change volumes. Any ideas?

If you want to hear it "without delay" (zero latency), then you will have to monitor the analog signal before it goes through your computer. The at2005 has a direct monitoring headphone jack on it that you could use, but if you don't want to use that, you'd likely need a physical USB audio interface or mixer to plug your mic (via XLR) and headphones into, which allows you to directly monitor the mic before it goes into your computer. As soon as goes through your computer, you're dealing with A->D and D->A conversion, drivers, and CPU processing, all of which will add a non-zero amount of latency.

19 minutes ago, nothsa said:

If you want to hear it "without delay" (zero latency), then you will have to monitor the analog signal before it goes through your computer. The at2005 has a direct monitoring headphone jack on it that you could use, but if you don't want to use that, you'd likely need a physical USB audio interface or mixer to plug your mic (via XLR) and headphones into, which allows you to directly monitor the mic before it goes into your computer. As soon as goes through your computer, you're dealing with A->D and D->A conversion, drivers, and CPU processing, all of which will add a non-zero amount of latency.

Well I wanna hear the nvidia broadcast audio since it helps get rid of background noise. I just want something that doesn’t have too much latency because then it hard to talk. Like windows hear audio is like a .5 second delay. Something better than that.

There are ways to reduce the latency in Windows (usually by reducing the buffer size), but the nvidia noise removal itself adds significant latency, so you would have to monitor it before it runs through the nvidia software, or use lower-latency noise removal options.

I don't know if the at2005 shows up as an output/speaker in Windows, but if it does then you can possibly set that as your computer's output/speaker, which might allow you to monitor the mic input directly as well as your computer's audio. I know the Yeti Pro has this capability, but I don't know if the at2005 does. If it doesn't have that as an option, then you'd have to get additional hardware that would allow you to do that, like the USB audio interface I mentioned before (one with direct monitoring, which is many of them).

You can do some more complex software routing w/ something like VoiceMeeter, where you send the pre-nvidia mic audio to your headphones and your post-nvidia audio to your recording/stream, but that's all software/driver based and the amount of latency introduced will be up to your computer's speed, the capabilities of your audio hardware, and what else you have running. I heavily use VoiceMeeter in a number of setups, and if you're willing to spend the time learning VM then it might be worth it as it would be the cheapest option. A USB audio interface is the easiest option, but will cost you money and take up space on your desk.