Deciding on a 1440p monitor

rodneylaur0

So...

It's time to upgrade my old BenQ monitor, and my criteria was - 1440p, 144hz, minimum 1-3ms response time and preferably 27 inch. 

I don't game as much as I used to, but I also do some video and photo editing.

The 2 choices I have figured out trough hours of reviews and ''best of'' ratings are - Gigabyte 27 M27Q and LG 27GL850 UltraGear. 

Feel free to give input and recommendations aswell, but I'd like to stick to this price point max. 

I have the M27Q and I love it. The picture looks great. It's G-Sync compatible. The 170 Hz refresh rate is nice and I don't notice any issues with ghosting. It feels sturdy. The height adjustment works well. It's by far the best monitor I've ever owned. I'm incredibly happy with the purchase.

To be fair, the on-board speakers are nearly useless (but that's nothing new for monitors) and I don't really take advantage of the KVM at the moment, but I imagine that at some point I might - I used to occasionally use a second PC for doing streams with a friend, and such a feature would've been perfect for that. The downside for the KVM is that you have to use USB-C for the second system for the KVM to work, and not all graphics cards/laptops offer USB-C out. At minimum, it functionally gives you an extra USB 3.0 port for you computer.

If you can find it for under $350, I'd highly recommend it.

3 hours ago, kneesargon said:

I would maybe try to get a samsung oddesy g5

My brother has a G5 I'm pretty sure and as far as I tried it, it didn't really impress me in any way. The colors were really off and it also doesn't get that bright. I'll try it again tho. Thanks

The M27Q is the better overall monitor. But you might have a problem with the BRG subpixel layout that can blur some text. But most people don't seem to have a problem with that and are happy with that monitor.

But in the end both are excellent monitors.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.