The great difference of GPU prices depending on countries.

Edged

The other day I was looking for a new prebuilt computer that was powerful enough for my game development career, so i swept into amazon thinking "Its going to be difficult, youtubers and everyone keep saying the prices are too high nowdays".

Well how wrong I was.

I bought a prebuilt computer second hand with these specs for only 666€.

Spoiler

GPU: RTX 3070 8GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X 6x 3.7ghz Turbo
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3600mhz or something like that
STORAGE: 240GB SSD & 1TB of HDD

Looks like a scam right? Well it wasnt when it arrived. Of course the packaging could've been improved, but the computer works! And I verified the parts with a friend!

The purchase was done from spain, and it was shipped from netherlands apparently.

The same company offered similar products for such good deals.
Like a prebuilt computer with 2 GPU's for just 517€ (RTX 2060 & RX 570)

The best purchase of my life. Amazon doesnt seem that bad now.

Now leaving that asides, checking on the prices of some cards in spain, im quite surprised, because I had found cards like the RTX 2060 for mere 500€ itself or even 200€!
It's impressive how the prices are different from each other.

How are prices on your countries?

23 minutes ago, Edged said:

The other day I was looking for a new prebuilt computer that was powerful enough for my game development career, so i swept into amazon thinking "Its going to be difficult, youtubers and everyone keep saying the prices are too high nowdays".

Well how wrong I was.

I bought a prebuilt computer second hand with these specs for only 666€.

Reveal hidden contents

GPU: RTX 3070 8GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X 6x 3.7ghz Turbo
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3600mhz or something like that
STORAGE: 240GB SSD & 1TB of HDD

Looks like a scam right? Well it wasnt when it arrived. Of course the packaging could've been improved, but the computer works! And I verified the parts with a friend!

The purchase was done from spain, and it was shipped from netherlands apparently.

The same company offered similar products for such good deals.
Like a prebuilt computer with 2 GPU's for just 517€ (RTX 2060 & RX 570)

The best purchase of my life. Amazon doesnt seem that bad now.

Now leaving that asides, checking on the prices of some cards in spain, im quite surprised, because I had found cards like the RTX 2060 for mere 500€ itself or even 200€!
It's impressive how the prices are different from each other.

How are prices on your countries?

Who Knew a GT 730 would be selling for more than $100

image.thumb.png.f186124144284630bd4b578086183ba0.png

Most of the RTX 3070s hover (wildly) at the Rp. 20,000,000 range (around $1380) brand new in the local marketplace site I frequent. MSRP for RTX 3070s start at $499 so I guess it's still super inflated in my country.

I also just bought a second-hand GTX 1050 Ti a few weeks ago for my new build for Rp. 2,900,000 or $200. Not really a good deal imo, considering it cost $140 MSRP brand new 5 years ago, but with the current state of the market, I'd say it's pretty reasonable. Plus, it was in a super mint condition. 2 years of light usage, no scratches except at the fan labels, no dust at all, and performs basically like new. I've seen other listings asking for $250 and some even were crazy enough to ask for $345 and they are all in a worse condition.

My Rigs:
Hikaru (Main Gaming Rig): MSI B450M Pro M2-MAX | Ryzen 5 3500 | Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR 5 Dual OC | 12GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2666 (1x4GB + 1x8GB) | 1TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD Blue | 550W Corsair CX550M | Armaggeddon Nimitz N5 Aurora Black | Maono AU MH-601 / Audio Technica M20x / Some cheapo tower speakers I ripped off a TV + DIY mini-amp made by my friend

Tsutomu (Relegated to HTPC): Gigabyte GA H81M-DS2 | Core i3-4170 | Zotac GT 730 2GB DDR3 | 4GB V-Gen Rescue DDR4-2400 (1x4GB) | 1TB WD Blue | 500W Deep Cool DE-530 | Unknown Hand-me-Down Late 90s Beige case

This is such a great deal!!!!!!! GT 1030 selling for $170

image.thumb.png.7561087c123671cf1caae331dfc2ab55.png