Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Compatibility question: X99 Dual CPU Motherboard Set LGA 2011-3 CPU DDR4 Motherboard & i7 5820k?

So I murdered my beloved Asus x99-deluxe by apparently creating a short-circuit and – not specifically due to SARS-CoV-2019 btw. – am pretty much broke. 

This rearranged Dual CPU motherboard sounds like a fun alternative for me 

– I mean no WiFi/Bluetooth which sucks and no 2 LAN ports and shitty sound 😞 – since it would feel better than having to buy a weaker board than what I had in the beginning,

without the coolness factor of an at least "kind-of-upgrade"... 

Now I have to figure out three things, that I can't find anywhere about this motherboard X99 Dual CPU Motherboard Set LGA 2011-3 CPU DDR4 Motherboard : https://www.ebay.de/itm/324616877087?hash=item4b94ac741f:m:mb3xpPOc73zOHHha2iCFDbg

• Can it use consumer x99 CPUs (i.e. 2x i7 5820k)? It says x99 but I am sure it's actually a server chipset... 
  • Do my 8x HyperX Fury DDR4 sticks work with it?
  • Can I somehow add WiFi/Bluetooth affordably to one of the m.2 slots?
  • Does it really have USB 3.0 pins and USB 2.0 pins as it's stated in it's description?
  • Does it have clean IOMMU groups for VFIO? It is one of the things I needed in my rig because I have a NVDIA gpu I passed through to a Windows VM and I accessed it with looking-glass, which is something I would like to be able to still do... 

I hope someone can help me with some of those. 

Cheers from someone who ALWAYS manages to break his own hardware

goldsteal

Anyone who has experience with that board and can eleborate? Maybe I posted my question into the wrong subsection of the forums – in which case whoever can please feel free to move it... 

goldsteal

looks like it is this motherboard from Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002517660881.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.40eb514dcVZvp5&algo_pvid=844499fc-2c1f-47c0-8f29-12dd16d7b73b&algo_exp_id=844499fc-2c1f-47c0-8f29-12dd16d7b73b-6

Specs:

X99 Chip Dual-Channel ATX Motherboard SATA III 8 USB LGA 2011 CPU DDR4 RECC Gaming Mainboard for Desktop PC Computer
Feature:
- X99 dual-channel motherboard is a high-performance dual-channel industrial motherboard with Intel 2011 processor + X99 chipset. The dual-CPU design makes the performance fierce. The built-in high-spec 7 + 7 phase power supply makes the operation more stable and higher. Performance, SSD transmission is better, the dual channel mode is designed to make the transmission rate faster, a single memory supports up to 32GB memory, an onboard 1 full Gigabit network card, supports Wake on LAN, PXE boot; provides 4 PCIE slots.
- Adopt Intel X99 chip to support LGA2011-V3 pin xeon CPU. Provide 8 DDR4 four-channel slots, support DDR4 2133/2400/2800MHz type module memory, onboard 5.1 channel sound card, integrated 100M/Gigabit network card, provide 2 PCIEx16 1 PCIEx1 slot, two M.2 ports, the type is NVME and NGFF, 6 SATA ports, 4 high-speed USB2.0, 4 USB3.0 ports, 1 PS/2 port, 1 COM port.
- X99 high performance and rich expansion interface can be applied to industries such as open studios, cloud computing, post-animation, image processing, and various terminal markets.

Specification:
Applicable Type: Desktop
Motherboard Architecture: ATX
Chip: For Intel
Chipset Series: X99
CPU Socket Type: LGA 2011
Support CPU Type: Support LGA2011-V3 Processor
Onboard Sound Card: ALC662
Onboard Network Card: With Onboard Network Card
Image Card: Independent Image Card, Support A Card Crossfire
Support Image Card Standard: PCI Express 16X
Support Memory Type: DDR4
Hard Disk Interface: SATA III
Number Of USB Interfaces: 8
Product Weight: 1200g
Memory Channel: 4 Channels
Maximum Memory Capacity: 128GB
Multi-Image Support: Sli
Whether To Support Disk Array: Support
Number Of Supported Network Cards: 1
Colour: Black
Material: Plastic
Size: 290 X 280mm/11.42 X 11.02"

Note:
Due to the large number of shipments in the IT industry, the colors of the backplanes, memory slots and insertion materials of each batch of products in the factory may change, so please do not use this as a standard to describe the consistency of the products. But we guarantee that the described motherboard functions will not change.
Due to the different monitor and light effect, the actual color of the item might be slightly different from the color showed on the pictures. Thank you!
Please allow 1-3mm measuring deviation due to manual measurement.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

I concur. 

I think you're right. The text is basically the same, but the English one you posted here is higher quality.  

But my main question still isn't answered to my satisfaction 😃

Do we think this board would boot with an i7 5820k (or 2) – Haswell-E – since that is technically also x99 on a 2011-3? 

Anyone wants to wager a guess? It is slightly to expensive to just by it and try "for the lulz" for me. 😞

Greetings

goldsteal

Anyone? I may just have to Yolo this otherwise ... 

• 1 month later...