iPhone 12 battery idle drain

i noticed that if my phone going idle with everything off. bluetooth , air play etc. except wifi. i lost around 6 - 10% overnight. roughly 1 - 1.5% every hour at night. 

but when i turn off the wifi the battery is super solid at night without reduced charge. at maximum 1 - 2percent at night

in term  of battery health is still 100%  and the efficiency when i browse my  phone and watching netflix were pretty much okay like any other iphone. 

are the ip 12 user experience this? and is it a bug?,

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

23 hours ago, Wolfycapt said:

i noticed that if my phone going idle with everything off. bluetooth , air play etc. except wifi. i lost around 6 - 10% overnight. roughly 1 - 1.5% every hour at night. 

but when i turn off the wifi the battery is super solid at night without reduced charge. at maximum 1 - 2percent at night

in term  of battery health is still 100%  and the efficiency when i browse my  phone and watching netflix were pretty much okay like any other iphone. 

are the ip 12 user experience this? and is it a bug?,

To elaborate on what huilun02 said: if you're in a part of your home with less-than-ideal Wi-Fi reception, your phone might be ramping up power to maintain the connection. If possible, try leaving the phone somewhere closer to the router and see what the impact is like then. If it's noticeably less, you know the issue is either range or something reducing the signal quality (like a wall).

This is fairly normal for any phone to be honest. Especially if data and mobile services are still on. Also, if you have a load of notifications coming in, there will be a power draw there, no matter what.

That said, my XR only drains around 1-3% overnight, so check if you have any background apps, and maybe use low power mode. I always use low power mode and there's no reason not to. If you can and it's safe/responsible for you to (I know some people cannot do that due to their work, family, etc), try using do not disturb overnight.

Sometimes iPhones can backup or update overnight, so check that neither of those things are happening too. Also double check that apps weren't being updated in the background without you knowing.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

On 6/21/2021 at 9:09 PM, AMD A10-9600P said:

This is fairly normal for any phone to be honest. Especially if data and mobile services are still on. Also, if you have a load of notifications coming in, there will be a power draw there, no matter what.

That said, my XR only drains around 1-3% overnight, so check if you have any background apps, and maybe use low power mode. I always use low power mode and there's no reason not to. If you can and it's safe/responsible for you to (I know some people cannot do that due to their work, family, etc), try using do not disturb overnight.

Sometimes iPhones can backup or update overnight, so check that neither of those things are happening too. Also double check that apps weren't being updated in the background without you knowing.

i think is the wifi tho.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:05 PM, Commodus said:

To elaborate on what huilun02 said: if you're in a part of your home with less-than-ideal Wi-Fi reception, your phone might be ramping up power to maintain the connection. If possible, try leaving the phone somewhere closer to the router and see what the impact is like then. If it's noticeably less, you know the issue is either range or something reducing the signal quality (like a wall).

hmm i try. i just know that phone can adjust battery consumption with lower or higher connection strength

thx you all of u. 

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |