is my ASUS TUF B450M PLUS-GAMING ready for a 5900x?

Go to solution Solved by Alvin853,

According to the official support page, every BIOS starting from 2409 is able to support Ryzen 5000 on that board. Last time I checked, 3002 is bigger than 2409, so you should be good to go without a hardware upgrade.

Hello everyone so i've been thinking of upgrading my CPU but i don't want to get a new B550 motherboard and since a lot of B450 motherboards have access to RYZEN 5000 series i thought there is no need to upgrade.I know i'll be losing on

some cooler VRM's when it comes to temperatures but i just want to ask:I looked on my Motherboard's manufacturer site and checked to see if they added RYZEN 5000 Series support but couldn't find anything.A couple days ago i updated my BIOS to version 3002.Can you guys give me an answer if it's RYZEN 5000 compatible? And if i don't upgrade anytime soon to a B550 motherboard,is it a critical decision to not upgrade to a B550 motherboard?

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

According to the official support page, every BIOS starting from 2409 is able to support Ryzen 5000 on that board. Last time I checked, 3002 is bigger than 2409, so you should be good to go without a hardware upgrade.