Stuttering in fortnite

Mando772004

Does anyone get stutters in fortnite or is it just me? im mostly playing on 500fps but it does sometimes drop to 300-400. im running a rtx 3080 r7 5800x and 32gb of ram and my temperatures are fine

45 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Does anyone get stutters in fortnite or is it just me? im mostly playing on 500fps but it does sometimes drop to 300-400. im running a rtx 3080 r7 5800x and 32gb of ram and my temperatures are fine

i dont stutter except after patch update. or heavy team fight. im running i5 8250u, mx150 4gb and 8gigs single ram. solid 50fps

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

I have the same. 400fps but it sometimes drops to like 100. I've tried many things, different drivers, Windows reinstalls. What fixed it for me was exiting Discord, hope it helps you too! Also I recommend you to report the issue to Epic and Discord if that's what's causing your issues. 

RTX 2060 - 10400F - 16gb 3200 CL16

maybe try using directX 12 if you are currently using directX 11

This can be changed in the graphics settings in Fortnite.

I had an issue like this, and that fixed it.

I hope this helps 🙂 

6 minutes ago, BigNavi31 said:

maybe try using directX 12 if you are currently using directX 11

This can be changed in the graphics settings in Fortnite.

I had an issue like this, and that fixed it.

I hope this helps 🙂 

its always been the opposite for me DX12 always stutters 11 works fine

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Did you find a solution to the issue? I had the same problem happening since season seven. I wonder if it's Fortnite alone or Nvidia drivers and or Windows 21H... update.

All the sudden the framerate latency jumped from about 6-8ms to 20ms with many spikes over 50ms. After trying many thing I was able to play it again by reinstalling Nvidia drivers (of march or april) without nvidia experience, configuring everything to performance instead of quality. Reinstalling fortnite. 

Now I have 8-12ms framerate latency going up to 20ms  but without sudden spikes.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:14 AM, jdjinn said:

Hi.

Did you find a solution to the issue? I had the same problem happening since season seven. I wonder if it's Fortnite alone or Nvidia drivers and or Windows 21H... update.

All the sudden the framerate latency jumped from about 6-8ms to 20ms with many spikes over 50ms. After trying many thing I was able to play it again by reinstalling Nvidia drivers (of march or april) without nvidia experience, configuring everything to performance instead of quality. Reinstalling fortnite. 

Now I have 8-12ms framerate latency going up to 20ms  but without sudden spikes.

no but im pretty sure its a game issue