Ten years on, How much are they worth or Trash?

I have PC hardware parts laying around and just thinking or wounding what's the market like for them and worth sellig them on rather then going into a trash tin. The gear is getting on to ten long years and it's still good for 2021 to a point. 

1. i7-3930K 6-cores 12-threads, at 3.80GHz however this beast can do over 4Ghz. Still in it's original box
  2. Asus P9X79 deluxe, original boxed and it's 2011 socket, however needs refurbishing/fixing - 3.0 USB sockets gone
  3. Asus gtx 680 directcu ii - Vram is olny 2GB and also in original box
  4. Corsair 16GB DDR3 1866 sticks - original box

YEAH, I keep all my original boxes for PC that old 😛 other then GTX 470 and i5 850. 

So what's the verdict, trash or selling them or sell them to trash or make it into a working PC again LOL

Its not the best but its far from the worst. Not sure what its worth, but its not garbage. I would use it. Mostly for benching and stuff but I would still use it.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

I would put it on Ebay and make something out of it rather than throwing. The GPU should bring good money these days as the older GPUs seem to be inflated due to the shortage. 

None of that stuff is trash, not even close. Definitely sell it all, or at least give it away. Heck, you could even turn it into a very nice home server. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

42 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

I would put it on Ebay and make something out of it rather than throwing. The GPU should bring good money these days as the older GPUs seem to be inflated due to the shortage. 

To a certain point, I don't think stuff like this old NVidia Vanta I have lying around will really work in *any* system...

Go on ebay, local used,... and check prices.

That motherboard is basically worth gold as is any older high end HEDT socket board not from aliexpress. Easily over 100$ for that board.

The 3930k can be found around 50$ but is still a totally fine cpu to use and with a bit of overclocking becomes basically a ryzen 2600/2600x.

16gb of ddr3 always sells for about 70% the price of current ddr3 prices.

The 680 honestly look it up prices are stupid probably goes for over 100 again or something.

The boxes WILL increase the money you get as that shows good care to the customer (even if it is not true this is the feeling they get) and are often willing to give more.

I agree with all the above and since stuff isn't as easy to find in the UK as in other places, you shoudn't have any problem selling it for what it's worth.

I can promise you there are guys in the UK that would snap up what you've got without question as long as it works.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.