How many components do I need to remove to insert an NVME drive?

ZiyaadD
Go to solution Solved by 8-Bit Ninja,

Your GPU and that's it, you may also need to find the m.2 screws that came with your mobo or buy one. 

image.thumb.jpg.df38008fa043791231aafcf51eccb499.jpg

I want to buy an NVME SSD. How many parts will I need to remove to get it in there, and can I do it with the motherboard still in the case? 

From that pic, none, but for more room you may need to remove the gpu. The nvme is just above the gpu.

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Your GPU and that's it, you may also need to find the m.2 screws that came with your mobo or buy one. 

Perfect, thanks a lot!

-> Moved to Storage Devices

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, ZiyaadD said:

How many parts will I need to remove to get it in there

Depending on how long your fingers are, none. Though, getting the M.2 screw in can be annoying if you don't have a magnetic screwdriver (you kept the M.2 screw for your motherboard right?)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Depending on how long your fingers are, none. Though, getting the M.2 screw in can be annoying if you don't have a magnetic screwdriver (you kept the M.2 screw for your motherboard right?)

Yup, got it in a little plastic bag. I do have a magnetic screwdriver. i won't need to remove mobo from the case will I?

4 minutes ago, ZiyaadD said:

Yup, got it in a little plastic bag. I do have a magnetic screwdriver. i won't need to remove mobo from the case will I?

Nope, if your PC isn't plugged in the Mobo can be anywhere you want. I assume you already checked out a video on how to install the M.2 drive? It's pretty straightforward but I've seen some folks take a very "creative" approach.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad