Current build for first Gaming PC (NL based, feedback welcome)

Fbian

Budget (including currency): 1700-2000 EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Largely Singeplayer titles such as {Final Fantasy XV, Civ 6, CK3, Tomb Raider}, photo editing (Lightroom, not so much Photoshop), and minor video editing (4k not really necessary, more a nice extra). Gaming at min 60 fps, don't have a monitor that supports any higher framerates at the moment so not vital to get 120-144 fps. I love good graphics so would like to play everything maxed out.

Other details This would be my first PC build. I couldn't care less about RGB (sorry gamers). Decently sized HDD may be added later, for now 1TB SSD should do. Still shopping around for a decent small/minimal keyboard to use alongside it. This should last me at least for 4-5 years. Current configuration as I could get it (I don't particularly mind paying the premium on the graphics card), all in Euros:

Case: NZXT H510 White [79,90]
CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K [399,-]
Video card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G [899,-]
Motherboard: Asrock Z590 Extreme [195,-]
CPU coolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition [34,-]
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 C16 [87,90]
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD [135,-]
Power supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 Full Modular V2 PSU [95,95]

Total: 1929,70

Would this work well together? Anything sub-optimal that I am overlooking? Would this be hard to set-up as a first system build? Would love to hear you guys' feedback.

Are you buying this online from amazon or something like that or are you buying locally?

If you are buying locally then tell us what other parts are available.

My review is based on online prices from amazon so if i look like an idiot then youll know why xD

The case is decent but im the type of guy to just shove a system in a 3$ case xD

If intel is cheaper in your area then go for it, otherwise an amd 5800x will beat that i7 in efficiency aka more overclocking headroom, or maybe just wait for alder lake

Decent graphics card but i think you should buy that soon before the prices spike again

Decent board

The cpu cooler is eh if you are trying to cool an 11700k but it will work for the 5800x, a better option would be an se 224 xt or se 207 xt

Just buy 3600mhz ram instead and dont overpay for branding

Decent ssd but quite overpriced, maybe a wd blue sn 550 instead or maybe an intel 660/5p

Good psu.

Overall : decent - good.

Bad airflow case get a mesh front case.

Expensive board that is unnecessary.

Get a sycthe fuma 2 cooler for the 11700k the hyper 212 is a bit underpowered.

Psu is ok but the enermax revolutoin D.F. is a bit more expensive but A LOT better.

Buying from megekko? They have the 5800x for 400 ish and it is the better cpu. Boards are cheaper for amd so you can save money there.

Thanks for the replies!

I am buying locally, have too many qualms with Amazon as a company to support them. 

And thanks for the recommendations, i largely went with pcpartpicker's top suggestions for stuff and looked at whether it was also available in NL, hence the tad overpriced items. Mostly just guess work from my end.

Indeed am buying from Megekko, so I'd guess an improvement here would be to:

- Switch CPU to AMD 5800x [419,-]

- Switch CPU cooler to Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler [51,-]

- Switch RAM to Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600 [90,90]

- Switch Motherboard to Gigabyte B550 GAMING X (?) [90,-]

- Switch PSU to Enermax Revolution D.F. power supply unit 850 W ATX [137,95]

And then find a case with front mesh? Any suggestions on clean looking cases with better airflow?

Also, on pcpartpicker, i get a warning that with B550 motherboards they might need a BIOS update before working with the chipset. Is this likely to be the case? I don't have any other desktops/parts on hand to perform said BIOS update with.

4 minutes ago, Fbian said:

Also, on pcpartpicker, i get a warning that with B550 motherboards they might need a BIOS update before working with the chipset. Is this likely to be the case? I don't have any other desktops/parts on hand to perform said BIOS update with.

It come with the bios updated never mind it and if you still have some concerns just tell them to do it or take the MB to any place that sell a pc components  

2 hours ago, Fbian said:

Buy one with bios flashback i.e MSI B550-A PRO. Then all you need is a usb stick if the bios needs updating. 

Cool, thanks for the advice guys! Helps a ton.