[Help] Visual Studio 2019 makes my laptop slow even when it's closed

Mizuguti

Last month I installed VS 2019 on my lenovo s-145 ideapad (Ryzen 7 3700-u / vega 10 / 8gb RAM / 256gb SSD m.2), and for some reason it made my pc slow at ALL TIMES, even when it wasn't running. It was especially noticeable when gaming, before installing it, valorant would be locked at 60fps, and LoL could run well above it. But after the installation I would be lucky to get 45 fps on valorant with everything on low, and even on Task Manager the CPU, GPU, Memory and Disk usage was normal. At the time I thought it was normal computer "deterioration", but last week I installed a clean copy of windows and my performance was back to normal. Then I started to play a match after every program I installed so I would know what caused the slowdowns, and today I decided to install VS 2019 again and lo and behold, it was the trouble maker. So I really need some help to fix it, should I just uninstall and download it again when I need it or there is something I'm doing wrong?

TL;DR : VS 2019 is making my laptop slow, and I know for a fact VS is causing the problem and need help fixing

Could you check if you have services.msc->Visual Studio Standard Collector Service running?

20 hours ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

Could you check if you have services.msc->Visual Studio Standard Collector Service running?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes, the service is running even after closing the program, should I just stop the service when I'm done? 

5 minutes ago, Mizuguti said:

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes, the service is running even after closing the program, should I just kill the service? 

You could try and check if it does make any difference.
Other than that, you may try disabling stuff with "WPR_initiated_" in Performance Monitor->Data Collector Sets->Event Trace Sessions.

What exactly did you install of the optional components? VS has a sql server environment that can be installed, but that is a huge resource hog especially when you only have 8gb of ram.