What do they call those TVs that are glare resistant?

🤔 I'm planning on buying a new TV soon, one that is anti-glare preferably because of all the light from outside. Are they Qled or Oled TV's? I forgot what they called it.  

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

it's an antiglare coating they put on them. it's not normally an advertised feature, just something you might get with higher end displays. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

10 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

Qled or Oled

Got nothing to do with this.

Those are the display technology, like comparing an electric car and gasoline car.

Anti glare is the coating to reduce ambient reflections.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

26 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

it's an antiglare coating they put on them. it's not normally an advertised feature, just something you might get with higher end displays. 

9 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Got nothing to do with this.

Those are the display technology, like comparing an electric car and gasoline car.

Anti glare is the coating to reduce ambient reflections.

🤔 So which TV's are the best for anti-glare exactly? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

7 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 So which TV's are the best for anti-glare exactly? 

maybe this article can help.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/reflections-screen-finish-matte-and-glossy

The best way is to reduce the cause of the reflections.

They will have some reflections like it or not.

No reflections? get a projector.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Anti-glare coatings can have a negative effect on perceived image quality though, which is why you see all these glass screens. Putting anti-glare on an OLED would be akin to TV suicide in my opinion because of this, so that's unlikely to become available. OLEDs aren't the best in very bright environments, so in this case you might be better off with QLED as they get brighter typically.

Is there perhaps a way to (partially) block the ambient light with something like blinds or curtains?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

5 minutes ago, tikker said:

Anti-glare coatings can have a negative effect on perceived image quality though, which is why you see all these glass screens. Putting anti-glare on an OLED would be akin to TV suicide in my opinion because of this, so that's unlikely to become available. OLEDs aren't the best in very bright environments, so in this case you might be better off with QLED as they get brighter typically.

Is there perhaps a way to (partially) block the ambient light with something like blinds or curtains?

🤔 We have blinds over it, but it doesn't help all that much especially when the sun is right over us and its clear skies. The glare is rather pronounced when sitting at certain angles. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

48 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 We have blinds over it, but it doesn't help all that much especially when the sun is right over us and its clear skies. The glare is rather pronounced when sitting at certain angles. 

Get blackout curtains. It made a massive difference for me. My tv was basically unwatchable before I got them.

The totally-not-accurate-for-all-situations rule of thumb is that OLED will be the worst in bright rooms, because they tend to have the least peak brightness. LED backlit LCD's are often better in this regard because they can have higher (in some cases, much higher) peak brightness.

QLED are a specific subset of LED backlit LCD - QLED stands for Quantum Dot, and refers to special layers and materials used that increase quality and colours.

That said, buying an LED LCD instead of an OLED isn't really an accurate or surefire way of ensuring it has good glare reduction features. As previously mentioned, some TV's have anti-glare coatings on them (and even among those that do, there is considerable variety in reduction).

If the room is very bright even with blinds, and there's not much you can do about it, I would check out an LED LCD TV with high peak brightness. QLED ones are excellent choices (The Samsung QLED look incredible - a few other manufacturers make comparable tech, including LG's nanocell tech), if you're looking for better visual quality.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)