Upgraded Build Facing BSOD After Few Uses

EatAteFood
Go to solution Solved by EatAteFood,

Hello everyone, this issue have been resolved! Thanks for everyone's input. The problem was the mobo bios. I updated the board to a beta version instead of the full one since it was at the top, guess that caused some issues

Hello everyone, recently just upgraded my pc to a ryzen 7 5800x from a 15-7600. Everything was good pc booted up and i downloaded all the drivers for the mobo, gpu and ryzen master.

Played some games to test the temperature and tried to turn off my computer. After the display turns black, my fans and RGB did not turn off. Waited awhile before deciding to Force shutdown with the power button.

Now when i try to start, it will be stuck at the windows loading screen (the few dots spinning around) before a "click" sound and display turn off with fans and RGB still on.
Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advanced! 

MOBO: ROG Strix B550 Gaming A (New)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x (New)

GPU: 1060 6GB

PSU: Corsair RM 850X (new)

RAM: Corsair vengeance RBG Pro 16GB 3600MHz(new)

Edit: I am able to enter the bios if that helps
Edit2: Update: Pc was able to boot using one ram stick, tried the other stick and booted up as well. But when both are used together, same problem arise. Now 1 stick wont even boot anymore

My first thought is that that sounds like a PSU issue

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

If its a psu issue then just oc your cpu to 4.5-4.8ghz, so if it either crashes earlier or crashes no matter what voltage you are applying, that tells you that your psu is broken and you need to rma it

23 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If its a psu issue then just oc your cpu to 4.5-4.8ghz, so if it either crashes earlier or crashes no matter what voltage you are applying, that tells you that your psu is broken and you need to rma it

Dont think i am able to oc my cpu currently, i have a spare psu from the previous build, will try to hook it up to my pc and see if it works

35 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

My first thought is that that sounds like a PSU issue

I have a spare PSU fro my previous build, gonna try to hook it up and test.

Just now, EatAteFood said:

Dont think i am able to oc my cpu currently, i have a spare psu from the previous build, will try to hook it up to my pc and see if it works

Ok then if the problem persists then its not a psu problem, btw whats your psu specs and brand on both the psu in your system and the spare psu?

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ok then if the problem persists then its not a psu problem, btw whats your psu specs and brand on both the psu in your system and the spare psu?

Hello, new update, i tried to power on for one last time with 1 stick of ram before deciding to swap the PSU, it managed to boot up to desktop. Then i suspect it may be a faulty RAM stick and tried the other stick. Both of them booted to desktop no problem. 
Next i decided to put both of it into the dimm slots and same issues faced again. And now the pc wont boot even if theres only 1 stick.

I search online and they say it may be the bios ram profile problem as i previously enabled DOCP to run my rams at 3600MHz. Tried returning bios to default now but still face the same problem. 

The current PSU i am using is corsair RM850X Gold 850 watts and the old PSU i believe is a Seasonic MKII 650 watts bronze

Hello everyone, this issue have been resolved! Thanks for everyone's input. The problem was the mobo bios. I updated the board to a beta version instead of the full one since it was at the top, guess that caused some issues