New Power Supply 3090 5950x

Lecom1020

im getting a new psu have to many problems with my dark power pro 11 1200w 

the  fan is done and it has some failures sometimes

what would you recommend 

currently using a Ryzen 9 5950x with an X570-F Gaming mb and Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC (not much overclock)

no hdd only m2 nvme  

i was thinking about getting another be quiet unit but couple of my frieds said they have issues with blinking red lights on their gpu (they where using dark power pro 11 too) dont know if the dark power pro 12 is better and after getting a seasonic or corsair its gone 

single rails  multi rail?

should have headroom for future upgrades and should last a while

price is not so important but if possible between 150€ and 400€ 

9 minutes ago, Lecom1020 said:

should have headroom for future upgrades

What kind of upgrades ? If you aren't planning to get a second GPU, even a 1kW PSUs would be enough.

I see 1kW Corsair RMx and bqt SP11 for 170-175 EUR, or 1.2kW Corsair HX for 240 EUR, these would've been my choices.

But if you have problems with the PSU you already have, why not just replace it under warranty ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

What kind of upgrades ? If you aren't planning to get a second GPU, even a 1kW PSUs would be enough.

I see 1kW Corsair RMx and bqt SP11 for 170-175 EUR, or 1.2kW Corsair HX for 240 EUR, these would've been my choices.

But if you have problems with the PSU you already have, why not just replace it under warranty ?

its the second time i replaced the unit already and to be honest where i live the rma process took way to long im not ok with 3-6 weeks downtime every year for a power supply  and with future upgrades i mean i want my psu to last a while and not upgrade it i always want a good buffer we dont know what comes next with gpu cpus maybe a huge power spike in requierments 

8 minutes ago, Juular said:

2 minutes ago, Omar.B said:

thank you for your answers  will look into these  is corsair reliable in terms of fans going bad and the supply itself and how do they behave in a warranty claim  

Just now, Lecom1020 said:

its the second time i replaced the unit already and to be honest where i live the rma process took way to long im not ok with 3-6 weeks downtime every year for a power supply  and with future upgrades i mean i want my psu to last a while and not upgrade it i always want a good buffer we dont know what comes next with gpu cpus maybe a huge power spike in requierments 

Try maybe asking them if they can replace it with Dark Power Pro 12 this time then.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

16 minutes ago, Juular said:

Try maybe asking them if they can replace it with Dark Power Pro 12 this time then.

i will try but i dont think they will do it thanks for the help

1 hour ago, Lecom1020 said:

thank you for your answers  will look into these  is corsair reliable in terms of fans going bad and the supply itself and how do they behave in a warranty claim  

I have the Corsair HX 1000 Platinum running in my main rig, see sig, and I've not had any issue with it, so I'd recommend that as well.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2