Is there a tool to run a health check on the entire pc?

Windows Vista had this, but was removed in later, more "modern" versions .

118368.image0.jpg.c27b7b53b8ac7d203a511f440580d53e.jpg

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Yes!

Ah, the good old just throw more money at it!

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

What exactly do you mean by health?

Yeah... I assume OP means the heath of every component. That IMO can't be measured by any software.

Canadian dollars don't help much if you live anywhere outside of Canada, but computer repair companies do take cash for detecting faulty hardware.

I edit my posts more often than not

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Windows Vista had this, but was removed in later, more "modern" versions .

It still exists as a command line tool. You can run it in PowerShell with Get-CimInstance Win32_WinSat. Mine looks like this:

image.png.cf97f5d00ccae7388ba36f3e0a7d4308.png

But I don't think this is the health that's meant here. The best way to check the "health" of your system is to run a bunch of stress tests, or maybe something like MemTest86 or CrystalDiskInfo. Other than that, if your PC works as intended, I don't think there's much benefit of doing so. Reserve your troubleshooting for when you have an actual problem.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

By looking at your computer: does it work? Yes. Health is good.

AIDA64 has many diagnostic tools built in, as far as a single software goes, that's probably the best starting point. 3DMark is also a good all-in-one test, if your score is around where you would expect it, all the critical components are performing fine. 

17 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

It still exists as a command line tool. You can run it in PowerShell with Get-CimInstance Win32_WinSat. Mine looks like this:

image.png.cf97f5d00ccae7388ba36f3e0a7d4308.png

But I don't think this is the health that's meant here. The best way to check the "health" of your system is to run a bunch of stress tests, or maybe something like MemTest86 or CrystalDiskInfo. Other than that, if your PC works as intended, I don't think there's much benefit of doing so. Reserve your troubleshooting for when you have an actual problem.

Well ill be damned it worked 😮

stat.PNG.176758f0714e9a029d45efd41edd5fbf.PNG

CCleaner probably helps the health of a pc if your worried about un-used space.

Personally, i only use hwinfo (to check disk-health etc) and clean the pc every few months for dust pile-up..

3x 140mm in and 3x 120mm out.. dust still comes in.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

There are tools like that, but they aren't free. When I worked at FutureShop (later became BestBuy), they had a huge automated software suites on which there was something called "PC Check".
This would test pretty much every parts of a computer, from the CPU, GPU and RAM, to the onboard speaker, serial and USB ports (You think Geeksquad knows what they are doing? They just put that thing in the computer and let it go by itself overnight... the suite could also find viruses, fix Windows and many other stuff).

You can't get the software suite they use legally, but you can get PC-Check by Eurosoft if you really want an "entire PC's health check" in a single easy to use software, if you're willing to pay up like $300 (things like AIDA64 exist, too, but they aren't as good from my experience.)

But usually, for a computer, it's pretty much only the CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU and HDD/SDD that typically fails. All of which can be tested for free with softwares like Prime95, Furmark, Memtest, whichever software the HDD/SDD manufacturer provides for testing purpose, etc etc etc. So you don't need expensive softwares like that, unless it's part of your job and you want to save time.

I typically run Prime95 on Blend (which selects all the available RAM to test it) and Furmark to test a computer. If it shuts down, PSU is defective/not strong enough. If the PC reboot, there's a heat problem. Things like that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

37 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

... for a computer, it's pretty much only the CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU and HDD/SDD that typically fails. All of which can be tested for free with softwares like Prime95, Furmark, Memtest, whichever software the HDD/SDD manufacturer provides for testing purpose, etc etc etc. So you don't need expensive softwares like that, unless it's part of your job and you want to save time.

Right, exactly.

That said, OEMs like Dell do include utilities in firmware like ePSA Pre-Boot diags to test the aforementioned hardware; though I doubt a GPU test is being done other than enumeration (no stress or VRAM validation).

I'm rather surprised top tier MB vendors don't also include pre-boot diags as well. For as much as some of them cost I would think it's a value add.

2 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

That just pulls the last history of WinSat. To get updated stats, you need to run the benchmark again with WinSat formal

WinSat looks to be frozen in time in development since Windows Vista as only DX10 tests are being performed. It's still a useful benchmarking tool however.