Genshin Impact - fallen behind curve, how to catch up?

porina

Played it from new up to around Klee's banner before the grind hit and I quit. Restarted playing again around Lantern festival earlier this year. Essentially f2p with little spending when new.

Currently capped at AR45. I have the quest to unlock but haven't done it yet. Basically since I never did "good" builds it doesn't help I also suck at combat. When they allowed world level reduction I sat at 4 for a while. I realised that wasn't getting me the gear I need to move on. Currently at WL5 again. General open world is fine, as are some bosses, but others give me bad pain. I can't clear the Ice Cube at WL5 for example.

I think I have sufficient chars with a handful unlocked to level 80, many at 70. Talents I can grind. Weaps, could be better. Artefacts is where I think I'm lagging the most. I only have a handful of gold pieces because I was running lower world level and not farming the harder content. I suppose farming those should be a priority? Even the ones I have don't have ideal stats where they can be used.

Up to 80: Qiqi, Xiangling, Fischl, Traveller

Up to 70: Venti, Klee, Noelle, Sucrose, Barbara, Yanfei, Amber

Up to 60: Eula, Kaeya, Beidou

Up to 50: Jean, Diona, Mona, Xingqiu

Others: Lisa, Chongyun, Ningguang

By "up to" it means they're unlocked to that level, but I might not have spent the exp books on getting them all there.

My typical current general team if I just want to make stuff go away fast (ignoring element specific instances) is Qiqi, Xiangling (main DPS), Noelle, Fischl. Noelle throws up shield, set up elements and then spam Xiangling.

I want to use Barbara more because of her new outfit, but even at C6 she doesn't do an awful lot outside of healing and applying some water. Have been using Amber more for double pyro, although just got Klee in current banner so she might take part of that role. Have levelled her and got the event book to 80. Also working on Sucrose for the swirl - she seems to have a faster rate than venti so that might help.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible