Ryzen 5 5600x, Asus Rog Strix B550-A, RTX 3070. VGA Q LED Light

OfficerDaddy
Go to solution Solved by OfficerDaddy,

SOLUTION:

For those facing a similar issue. After literally 8 hours of trying to figure this thing out, I finally got it to work. What I forgot to mention was that my SSD and HDD are pretty old, bought around 2014. My ram was bought around 2017. I bring this up because I thought my memory/storage were the problem. What turned out to be the issue was my Win10 was under Legacy Bios and the riser cable I was using did not support PCIE 4.0.

What I did:

I converted the legacy bios mode on my Win10 through command prompt. There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to do this, but first make sure your bios mode is legacy if you're using a uefi bios. Although be careful with this method. I don't know if I missed a step, but after I converted, I left to eat dinner and when I came back to boot up my pc, my Win10 was not accessible - met with 'BOOTMGR MISSING' error. I had to do a clean install of windows.

Lastly, I set my PCIEx16 Gen 4 slot down to Gen 3. I forgot to mention this but I'm using a Phanteks PH-VGPUKT_02 Universal GPU Bracket. I didn't think it would be a cable riser issue because I tested both horizontally and vertically mounted but still had the issue. It's working fine now though.

Hello, I posted here a while ago that I upgraded my cpu and mobo but still used my 1070 while I waited for my 3070. At first the q led light for vga was also on, but I found out I had to enable CSM in bios for it to work.

Today I received my 3070 and I'm faced with the same vga q led light with no display. Settings in bios are the same. Any recommendations? 

On the occasions that I do get a video output and get into BIOS, once I save and exit, even when I didn't change anything, it will reboot and say boot manager missing, press ctrl + alt + del to restart. To which ill be stuck again with the vga light.

Edit. I've solved the bootmgr missing problem. I converted from legacy bios to uefi bois. The only issue I have now is the vga q led light staying lit with no video out output.

What I've tried:

- reseating gpu

- reseating ram

- trying individual ram

- cleared cmos

When trying individual ram, it would sometimes get me into bios with either. Other times it will let me into bios with both dimms inserted. I'm honestly at a loss as to what to do.

SOLUTION:

For those facing a similar issue. After literally 8 hours of trying to figure this thing out, I finally got it to work. What I forgot to mention was that my SSD and HDD are pretty old, bought around 2014. My ram was bought around 2017. I bring this up because I thought my memory/storage were the problem. What turned out to be the issue was my Win10 was under Legacy Bios and the riser cable I was using did not support PCIE 4.0.

What I did:

I converted the legacy bios mode on my Win10 through command prompt. There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to do this, but first make sure your bios mode is legacy if you're using a uefi bios. Although be careful with this method. I don't know if I missed a step, but after I converted, I left to eat dinner and when I came back to boot up my pc, my Win10 was not accessible - met with 'BOOTMGR MISSING' error. I had to do a clean install of windows.

Lastly, I set my PCIEx16 Gen 4 slot down to Gen 3. I forgot to mention this but I'm using a Phanteks PH-VGPUKT_02 Universal GPU Bracket. I didn't think it would be a cable riser issue because I tested both horizontally and vertically mounted but still had the issue. It's working fine now though.